eleven

My dad went back to Montreal for work last weekend, so it's been my mom taking care of all of us. I don't know how she manages to take care of all of us and work her fulltime job, she's amazing.

"Cailey, Kirby is downstairs waiting for you" I haven't seen Kirby in a few days since the team had been on a road trip for the past week. I think I'd die if I had to wait any longer to see him.

"Kirby!" I practically throw myself into his arms at the bottom of the steps. "I missed you" I muffle into his sweatshirt.

"I missed you too" He chuckles. He runs his hand over my back and chills travel down my spine. "How have things been going?"

The team got in last night, so I didn't have time to rant to him about the latest 'drama' when he got home.

"It was fine. I just missed you so much" I stand on my tip-toes and eagerly kiss him on the cheek. I hear my mom walk down the hallway and I pull away quickly.

"Are you coming back here after school? I don't want you to miss Emma's ballet recital tonight" My mom calls over the banister.

I reassure her that I'll be coming home after school straight away. I've been spending most days after school either with Kirby, the girls, or Mikayla.

"Just making sure. Have a good day at school" She says. "Love you"

"Love you too, mama"

Caden, Jacob, Kirby, and I make our walk to school. The entire time, the guys were talking about their favorite moments from the roadtrip this past week. Kirby ended up scoring two goals, Jacob had one, and Caden had an assist.

We go inside the school building and I saw that a few of the guys were standing in a circle chatting before home room. Jacob and Caden head over to the group and Kirby looks down at me.

"I'm going to go talk to the guys, if that's ok with you?" Kirby asks and waves to his teammates.

"Yeah, of course" I smile. "I'll see you in a bit"

"Thanks. love you" He pecks me on the cheek and turns around to go where his teammates were.

I make the walk to my locker, not bothering to look at anyone walking ahead of me. I fumble with my code and shove my textbook in my locker. A tap on my shoulder startles me. I glance over my shoulder and see Alyssa clutching her history textbook against her chest.

It seemed that school-life had been getting easier ever since I befriended a few of the other blades girlfriends.

"Hey! Are you on the way to homeroom?" She cheers. "We should walk together"

"Sure" A smile forms across my lips and I close my locker.

"Isn't it great how the guys such a great trip?" The topic of most of our conversations were our boyfriends, and I can't say that I don't like it. I've never been 'boy crazy', but talking about anything that has to do with Kirby makes me feel so great.

"I know. I heard they got in late last night" I nod. "Well, Kirby told me, actually"

On the way to class, Gianna and Lanie join us. The only class that we all have together is homeroom and lunch.

Well, lunch isn't a class but you know what I mean.

I sit in the empty desk next to Kirby and he turns himself so that he's facing me.

"What time do you want me to come over tonight?" He looks up at me and watches as I fix my hair, and then sit down.

I invited Kirby to be my 'date' for Emma's recital tonight. I told him that he didn't have to go if he didn't want to, but he was persistent. We've been dying to spend time with each other anyways so I'm looking forward to it.