seven

"Cailey Grace Brown, when on earth were you going to tell me?" Nick scolds. I could see that Nick was sitting in his car and Cole was lying in bed. Thank goodness for three-way facetime.

"Tell you what?"

"About the boy that you're dating?!" He exclaims. "I saw your Instagram post from tonight"

"He has a name, you know" I retort. "And I thought Cole told you about him already anyways"

"No, he didn't tell me. We've both been busy and don't have time to keep up with your shenanigans" He says. "..I just can't believe you never told me that you're going out with one of them"

Nick and I haven't talked in a few months, but to be fair he's been busy with training so we haven't had a chance.

I roll my eyes at the both of them. "I don't understand why you're both so angry about us going out"

"I don't know, maybe because I don't want him to leave you heartbroken?" He says. "He's just a scrawny little blades boy, Cai"

"Can't you just give him a chance?"

"...So what if we give him a chance and he breaks your heart completely?" Cole chimes in.

"He doesn't seem like that! Please, just give him one" I beg.

"That'll only happen in your dreams"

"You're the absolute worst right now" I say. "So what if you both get sent back to Saskatoon to play this season? Will you hate him for no reason?"

"No, but I'll ask him why he's dating you"

"Can't you just calm down for once?"

"Not happening" He says. "You're basically our sister and until he proves that he really likes you, I'm going to be cautious of him"

"How can he prove anything when we've only been dating a month?"

"You'll have to figure that out"

We end up talking for the next hour and then I hang up because they both had training tomorrow. I saw that I had a new message from Kirby from a few minutes ago.

The guys are having a pool party at coach mitch's house tomorrow and I was wondering if you wanted to come?

I waste no time sending him a text back.

Of course, just let me ask my parents if I can come

"Hey mom? Dad?" I peek around the corner into the living room. They were on the couch, watching a rerun of NCIS once again. Typical Friday night routine. "Can I ask you something?"

They both look at each other and then back at me. "Is this about the pool party tomorrow?" My dad asks.

"Ye-how'd you know?"

"We just got an email from Coach Mitchell about it. Before you ask, there's absolutely no way you're going" My mother says.

"Why?" I move myself so that I'm standing directly in the middle of the living room rug. "Kirby invited me and I really want to see him tomorrow. I'm barely going to get to see him next week because of training camp anyways"

"You just spent the whole day with him. Why don't you ever want to spend time with your siblings? You know this is the one week of the year they're all home"

I let out a huff and sit down on the rug.

"Please make an exception? Just this one time"