eight

Today's the first day of school and I've been dreading it since the last day of freshman year. I don't know what to expect from this school year - but thank goodness I met Kirby or I'd be absolutely screwed.

He was coming over this morning so that we could walk to school together. We've been dating a couple of months now and we were desperate to spend time together - hockey season is around the corner and I know I won't be able to see him as often.

Just as I begin to straighten my hair, I hear the doorbell downstairs.

I hear my mother and Kirby converse, and before I know it I hear his knock at my door.

"It's open"

He cautiously peeks his head in and his face lights up as soon as he see's me. "Hey Cailey" He grins. "What are you doing?" He had a look of confusion on his face.

"Straightening my hair" I say with a slight smile.

"Oh, that makes sense" He sets his backpack on my bed and sits at the second chair at my vanity that I put out just for him. "Are you ready for today?"

"I guess so" I mumble. "What about you?"

"I'm pretty excited...You're coming to our game tonight, right?" He begins to look at things on top of my vanity while still talking to me.

The boys have one of their last preseason game tonight and they're more than excited. The official season starts this weekend.

Kirby has been playing amazing in the preseason, he has three goals and two assists in five preseason games.

"Of course...Your parents are still coming in town for the home opener this weekend, right?"

He nods. "I don't want to make you feel nervous, but they're extremely excited to meet you"

I sigh a breath of relief. I've never formally met a guy's parents before, but of course I've never been in a relationship. I just hope they approve of me.

"Oh, that's good.." I reply. "...What if they don't like me?" I blurt out.

"What?" He says with a confused look. "Cailey, they'll love you" He reassures me. "They ask about you all the time"

"Really?"

He nods. "And one of my sisters is around our age, she'll like you. Maybe you guys can talk about guys..or something?"

"Guys or something?" I giggle.

"You know what I mean" He smiles.

-

School ends up going surprisngly well. I ended up making friends with a few of the Blades girlfriends, and they're probably the sweetest people I've met at school so far. Well, besides Kirby.

I ended up meeting Gianna - she was a senior and her boyfriend was Max, one of the captains - Alyssa - she was a sophmore like me and her boyfriend was Liam, one of Kirby's closest friends on the team - and Lanie - she wasn't dating any of the Blades players, but she was close friends with them and the girls. She was dating one of the athletes from school.

As soon as I got home from school, I ended up taking a two-hour nap, waking up just at the right time so I could get ready for tonight.

I sigh and look at the bags under my eyes in the vanity. The first day of school is always exhausting.

I decide to wash my face real quick and apply light makeup, and then I end up curling my hair to give it some volume. I probably shouldn't have straightned it this morning. I decide to wear jeans, my uggs, and my Blades jacket.

I go downstairs and we load up the car and then head off to the stadium. We arrive inside and I see Gianna and Alyssa standing by the ticket booth. The three of us go down to our seats, right by the glass.

"So, how long have you been dating Kirby?" Gianna asks. "We want to know everything about you" She looks over at Alyssa and they both nod.

"Yeah. We're currently the two only Blades girlfriends..so it's nice to have another girl around" Alyssa adds.

"We've been together almost two months" I say, glancing out on the ice. "So not too long"

"That's fine, I've been with Mark for about six months and Alyssa has been with Liam for about four months" Gianna says. "We know what it's like"

Just as I'm about to answer, a puck goes off the glass, scaring the three of us. Liam and Kirby were attempting to shoot pucks at Alyssa and I, and I can't help but to smile. Kirby gives me a wink and then skates off to warm up, making sure to stay closeby.

"Isn't it just hilarious when they do that?" Alyssa adds.

I agree with her and most of the game we end up gushing over our boyfriends and end up talking about school. Kirby ends up having one goal, and he was the third star of the game.

After the game was over, we went into the lobby to wait on the guys. Alyssa and Gianna were talking and I kept an eye out for Kirby.

Kirby POV

I spot Cailey sitting with a few of the other girlfriends, and I waste no time in going to see her. "Hey Cai" I pull her into a hug and give her a soft squeeze, making her smile.

"You played amazing tonight" She pulls away and looks up at me. I smile and look down at her.

"Thanks babe" I give her a kiss on the forehead and it makes her face turn even more red. "I'm so glad you're able to come to these games"

"Me too"

We end up talking until her parents tell her it's time to leave.

"Text me when you get home?" I ask, giving her a goodbye hug. "I love you, you know"

"Promise. I love you too Kirby"

Cailey POV

As soon as I walk in the house, I text Kirby real quick and then Mikayla.

Cailey
So something really big
happened tonight
with Kirby

Mikayla
Oh no...

Cailey
I don't know
where your mind's
going but it wasn't
that 😂

Mikayla
I know,
I'm just kidding 😂
So what happened?

Cailey
Kirby said
that he loves
me. That's good right?!

Mikayla
How did he say it?

Cailey
Well, he said it in a
sentence and then I
said that I love him too

Mikayla
Oh, how sweet ❤️
Yes that's definitely good!!

A/N: short chapter, but I'm getting into writing the story again!