Chapter 2 - Lies

___________

L I E S
___________

After a long day at work, Wooyoung waited at the seats on the boarding gate where he works in, just staring at the glass wall, counting all the aircrafts taking off and landing, until At East Airline plane landed. It's the airlines that he works at the moment. He was waiting for none other than Choi Moonhee, his least favorite person. His prey. The girl with the perfect walk, perfect long black bouncy hair, and pretty smile.

The plane landed and it didn't take that long before the flight attendants and the pilots came out dragging their luggage in the most classy way. He always wanted to be one of those. Travel for free.

Not that he wanted a tour, or a picture with the famous landmarks. All he wanted was to fly look out in the window to see the clouds, fel that he's in the skies.

It was Moonhee who's enjoying all those, the girl who he thinks stole everything from him. Wooyoung bit the insides of his cheeks watching the flight attendants.

Look at her in her best smile.

Screw her for always smiling and greeting everybody.

He gathered all his courage and finally stood up from where he was sitting. "Uh! Excuse me!" He tried to get his attention. All of a sudden he's so shy. It was only last month when they used to work together and have coffee together during coffee break.

"Wooyoung!" She smiles brighter, hugging him excitedly. "I missed you." She said which strangely caused Wooyoung's heart to pound harder than normal. Hard enough that he could hear his heartbeat without the help of a stethoscope.

Moonhee pulled away still smiling. It is true that Wooyoung worked with this girl for a long time, but never did he expect her to be this excited to see him, let alone miss him. They surely taked at times but he doesn't remember them being this close.

"I thought you've forgotten about me." She pouted as if Wooyoung has the responsibility to keep in contact with her. She's acting too adorable that Wooyoung was starting to get more annoyed. The way she tucks her silky hair behind her ear was totally useless because it slides off anyway.

Or maybe he was the problem.

He worked with her for five years now at the same work and same station but, never saw her relevant in his life. They practically worked together every single day, drink coffee together and walks towards the bus station together.

When people say 'don't attach yourself too much'  he is the living description of that.

It's okay that she's this friendly. It's perfect.

Perfect for Wooyoung's revenge plan.

"Moonhee, I was just wondering, can we grab coffee before you go home?" He asked.

"I though you'd never ask." She clung into his arm and dragged her towards the nearest airport Starbucks. To her it was as if they turned back time. They're finally going to have coffee together again.

A month isn't that long but, when you do this routine for 5 years and suddenly stopped, you will truly miss it.

But Wooyoung didn't. To him this is just a step closer to hurt her. A step closer to meet his real parents. A step closer of discovering who he really is.

Wooyoung paid for the coffee though he usually only paid for his. Today is different. Today is quite special. He's with his one way ticket to his real home. The girl who took away his 'supposed-to-be' life.

"Thank you for this. You didn't have to." Moonhee still has her annoying smile that Wooyoung was just dying to take away from her. He wants her crying and crushed after he's done with her.

He also has a good smile that he can fash her. His fake smile he's been giving everybody. "No! I should've done this the first time we had coffee together." He lied. If there is something Wooyoung is good at, it's lying. He's convincing because his facial expression never change anyways and if it does, it's a facial expression that he practiced in front of a mirror.

Moonhee was impressed. He's never the gentleman. He as usually the quiet type and might misinterpret as the snob guy. It doesn't matter because he's handsome anyway.

She was quite suspicious of him though, he never really showed any affection towards her before. She can get used to this attention he's giving her though. It would be such an honor. She's never heard of him date anyone before.

"Since you have a whole week for yourself, would you go out with me?" Wooyoung's watched this on TV. A picture perfect movie scene where the guy trembles and can't keep an eye contact.

It's always the same thing if it's sincere. The guy has to be nervous and it has to be obvious, or it meant nothing at all. He'll appear like all of those jerks who want to take her out just because she's pretty.

"Sure!" Moonhee squealed, startling Wooyoung. The girl has no control over her emotions.

Wait!

Does this mean she likes him all along?

"How about tomorrow morning, we jog together and stroll the park together?" It has to be tomorrow morning before he changes his mind. She wanted him to start his day with her and be his first thoughts. That way they might date for real.

She watched Wooyoung smile at her as he shyly took a sip on his coffee. What a cute guy. He's never shown her this side of him before.

...

"Success!" Wooyoung screamed as soon as he got home, where everybody are gathered on the living room for a Harry Potter Movie this time. Jongho isn't around though. It's already late. He's probably in the radio station. He's a DJ in a small segment on the radio where he plays requests and read dedication letters.

He loves music so much that he wanted to listen and play music even in his job.

"Success? In taking a dump?" Yunho made fun of him. Everybody thought it was a good joke and laughed at Wooyoung who rolled his eyes, walking towards his room.

He was in the middle of twisting the doorknob when Hongjung grabbed his wrist. "Success in what?" He asked in curiosity. He was actually nervous about what Wooyoung said yesterday about the poor girl. He wanted to make sure that his beloved friend didn't do anything stupid.

Wooyoung faced Hongjung, sighing. This guy needs to leave them with their own business and take a deep breath too. He worries to much and keeps them in line.

Sometimes Wooyoung feels like he didn't need his real father because this person exists. It makes him feel like a father would be a strict nosy person that would scare the hell out of you if you piss him off.

"I survived work today. That's all." He said and left Hongjung as much as possible. Lying was bad enough, he can't stand there and tell more lies to cover up the first one.

...

A/N: Hello! I'll be playing the plot for a while. How was it?

Before anything else, guys who's your bias in ATEEZ?

Mine's been wrecked by his guy. 👆👆👆