Jake's Misadventure #32: Revenge isn't always sweet.

"Can it be summer already? I'm tired of getting up at the crack of dawn." Jake covers his mouth while yawning in the process. Beth instantly passes her coffee over to him. 

"Coffee is a true lifesaver. You should try it sometime." 

"It makes me feel like jumping off walls. No thanks." Beth chuckles, downing some more coffee. Walking up the steps, eyes are on Jake and Beth per usual. As they walk closer together through the hallways, Jake can feel the unsettling eyes. 

"Is it me or is everybody staring at us hardcore these days?" Beth nervously leans in and whispers. 

"Something's wrong." 

The administration office door swings open, revealing a battered and bruised Devin. Devin eyes Jake from down the hall. 

"It was him! He's responsible for all of this!" Devin makes a quick beeline to Jake but is stopped by the principle's elongated arm. The principle, Vincent Torres eyes Jake from down the hall. He smiles, relieving any tension. 

"Mr. Foley! I'm here, requesting your presence. In my office." Vincent disappears into the administration office alongside Devin. Jake turns to Beth with a nervous glance before reluctantly walking towards the office. 

Jake opens the door and walks in. Directly in front of him are the administrators sitting behind a desk that stretches across the wide office. Along the wall to his right is an elongated wooden bench. There he saw Devin's cronies, all holding their bodies, writhing in pain. Jake couldn't help but flash a quick smirk. 

"Mr. Foley, this way please." Principle Torres waves to catch Jake's attention. Jake's heart continues to beat fast. His thoughts racing a mile a minute. Principle Torres sits across from Jake, resting his palms atop the desk. 

"Mr. Foley, how are you doing today?" Torres smiles. 

"I'm doing alright. How about yourself?" Torres shrugs his shoulders. 

"I'll be honest, I'm not doing so well right now Mr. Foley.  I have students sitting on that bench covered in black and blue bruises. Each and every one of them told me that you're involved somehow in this." 

"I honestly have no clue what you're talking about sir." Torres scoffs before leaning comfortably in his chair. 

"Please son, don't make me look like a fool here. I know exactly what's going on." Torres rises from his seat, showcasing his stunning emerald suit. 

"It's funny that this generation thinks us old folks don't know what's going on around here. That we don't know how it feels to be a testosterone-filled teenager. But what you kids don't realize is that we've been through all of this stuff before." Torres walks around the table and rests his bottom atop the desk. 

"I'm going to ask you one more time. What happened Mr. Foley?" 

Jake sighs, leaning in his chair. His mind scrambles for the words to say, but his lips didn't cooperate. 

Torres nods his head slowly before rising from his seating on the desk. 

"I heard you and Devin have beef. Is that correct?" Jake nods his head after a moment of contemplation. 

"So you did something to retaliate against Devin?" 

Jake shakes his head no. 

"You just led them there." 

Jake nods his head, his lips sealed. 

"I know kids like Devin. To be quite frank with you, he's a dick head. I hear the way he talks to the teachers and other students. He acts like his shit don't stink."