Chapter 2

Landon
^ Landons POV ^
I take a drag of my cigarette and can't help but shiver. The autumn night was cold an ominous as I breathed in the mixture of rain scented air and smoke outside a random girls house. My jacket, unzipped, allowed the crisp breeze to creep past and get lost within the fabric and my bare skin. I stare at the night sky, lost in its black emptiness, finding it ironic how alike we are. The symphonic singing of crickets and soft lulling of the wind, drowned me deeper in my thoughts.

Suddenly, the ringing of my phone knocked me out of my trans. I lift it from my back pocket and roll my eyes as I read the caller id. My father.

_ "yes?" I answer simply

_ " Where the fuck are you, little brat?" Came his biting voice. "We've been waiting for you for half an hour already! Get your ass here, don't make me call you again." He snaps shortly and impatiently.

With that, he ends the call.

I roll my eyes again taking the last drag of my cigarette and I get in the car.

The ride was silent and boring, I felt the urge to smoke again, as impatience and irritability grew within me.

Not being able to rein in the itch any longer, I reach for the cigarette box. It's empty.

Glancing at the neon lights of the clock I note it's already half past midnight.

I pull the car up by the first 24 hour gas station I come across and enter it's small shop.

Sniffing away the cold, I walk past the few isles passing alcohol one.

"I don't need my father to bite my head off" I thought to myself as I restrained myself from further wandering.

I got myself the pack of cigarettes I've been longing for, and just as I was about to walk out, something caught my eye at the alcohol isle.

A passionfruit and ink silhouette...

________________________________
Hmm what caught bad boys attention? And what crawled up his fathers ass?
Find out in the next chapters of "Heartstrings!"