Chapter 27

Us at midnight
*Heaven's POV*
As I stood there alone on the rooftop, I lit another cigarette. The cool breeze caressed my skin as a shroud of clouds cloaked the waning crescent. It was only a few moments later that I realized the presence of another person. At first their silence threw me off, as I thought it must be a person I didn't know. But then, their strong vibe and enigmatic aura felt familiar, and this scent. Ughh... I could tell this scent away from miles. The smell of leather, mint and smoke gave this persons identity away immediately. This time it had a hint of bourbon to it.

_ "how is it we meet every time one of us goes out for a smoke?" I ask amused.

^Landon's POV^
Making my way out of the guest bedroom after a make-out session, I realized I needed a drink. Even though I usually DO NOT drink, I thought I'd crash here for tonight, so there was no harm in me loosening up a bit. I made myself a glass of whiskey and went out on a hunt for Justus. It wasn't too hard to find him. A female was screaming his name from inside his room, so after hanging out a-bit with Alex who had only now come, I decided I needed a breather. What better place to calmly smoke a cig than on the roof, away from the sweaty people and ear-splitting music. As soon as I got there, I stood at the door for a moment embracing the stunning scenery in-front of me. A beguile, fawn haired beauty was standing before of me. The black dress she wore, split open on the side, hugged every curve of her hourglass figure perfectly, bringing it to justice. The split revealed her long legs, showing off her smooth, silky caramel skin. Her tattooed arms wrapped around each other, desperately trying to block out the briskness of the night.

 Her tattooed arms wrapped around each other, desperately trying to block out the briskness of the night

(For a better idea, here is Heaven's outfit once again)

_ "how is it we meet every time one of us goes out for a smoke?" Asks Heaven, her heavenly voice making my heart's pace pick up. It's been around a month since I've heard her voice last. Or at least had her address me.

_ "Funny isn't it?" I chuckle as I approach her. She looks me deep in the eyes, my icy blue glare melting into her warm caramel one. Silence.
There is something about the silence we share that makes it soothing and not awkward. Like we are connecting on a whole different level.

*Heaven's POV*
The night was only getting colder, and I couldn't help myself from shivering. Landon must have noticed as he swiftly takes off his leather jacket, and with a quick motion wraps it around my shoulders. It took me a second to register what was going on, but my thoughts were interrupted by his words:

_ "Must have worn something warmer, winter's not fully over yet" he says, giving me a devilish smirk. I felt my legs turn to jelly.

_ "What about you big boy, aren't you gonna get cold" I comment, returning the sass. A part of me was actually concerned, but I wouldn't tell him that.

_ "You said it yourself, I'm a big boy, I can handle it." He looks down for a second, then grabs a box of cigarettes from his pocket and lights one up. I took advantage of him looking away, and analyzed him.

 I took advantage of him looking away, and analyzed him

(Landons' outfit)

Hot damn, he only gets better looking with our every encounter. I really wanted to run my hand through his silky dark hair, and feel the warmth of-. Tf? Why am I even talking to him. I should still be mad, but I just couldn't bring myself to ignore him any longer. I guess it was because of the alcohol I had consumed, along with the lack of desire of staying mad at him. Life's too short to hold grudges, and I've held mine for long enough.

He returns his attention to me.
_ "Thanks" I smile softly.

_ "No problem" was his reply, a few moments of thought and silence followed. Then, he said something that alarmed me: "Look, I-I'm sorry" he starts. I just stood there, mouth agape, shocked. "I'm sorry for being a dick to you, and not minding my own business. I overstepped my boundaries, and I hope I can make it up to you somehow." He continued, his voice not wavering, but his hand running through his hair proved he was nervous.

_ "Wow, Landon Javier King, actually apologized" I tease.

_ "yeah, yeah, don't get used to it Hell" he chuckles.

_ "and about you making it up to me, I don't know how yet... but I'll think of something London."

_ "you do that" he mumbles, and we both chuckle. God! His laugh was so deep, husky, contagious and...

_ "So... you've been drinking" I finally say after the moment ended and I snapped out of my trance. He looked at me skeptically.

_ "What makes you think that?" He tries to hide it.

_ "Well, first off I can smell the bourbon you've been drinking." I point out rolling my eyes at him. "Second off, I met the man you broke down in-front of at the bar." I explain. His face contorted into a poker face as the color drained off his cheeks.

_ "W-What did he tell y-you?" He lost his composure there.

_ "well he said you felt like a part of you was ripped out and that you had messed things up with a specific girl. And how you told him about the whole basement thing and how I begged you to stay out of my life" I spill everything out. He blushes in response and mutters "that fucker" under his breath.

_ "Awww, wittle Wondon is blushingggg" I tease once again.

_ "N-no, pffff... no I'm not" he brushes it off.

_ "I also apologize... I may have overreacted a-bit that night." I continue.

_ "you have nothing to apologize for..." he shakes his head.

Somehow the space between us had decreased, and I could feel the tension we had grow stronger. By now, it could be cut with a knife. We gazed into each other's eyes and I could of sworn I saw glimpses of lust in his. All the frustration and tension built up between us was starting to show... but it wasn't in a bad or aggressive way. It was the exact opposite. The space between us kept decreasing. He now had both his hands wrapped around my waist, and my hands were placed on his hard chest. The way his hands felt on my body shot electric sparks through me, as his touch left a burning sensation on my skin. It was starting to get warm. Still not breaking eye contact, Landon put one hand under my chin and lifted my head up. We were inches apart at this point. Due to our height difference, I stood on my tiptoes, in hopes of reaching his face, and he bent down to reach mine. I could feel his warm minty breath on my lips as he cupped one of my cheeks with his hand, but only after tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.
Suddenly, Clyde busted the door open causing Landon and I to quickly fall apart. Clyde seemed out of breath and very agitated.

_ "Clyde? What's wrong?" I go up to him. He looks into my eyes, disappointment, grief and confusion written all over his face.

_ "I- the-" he starts...

________________________________
Yay first steamy moment between Heaven and Landon. They finally made up! But what does Clyde have to tell Heaven... it seemed important.
Find out in the next chapters of "Heartstrings!"