Chapter 13

Alex
▪️Alex's POV▪️
Hesitantly i put on the helmet that Heaven handed me, and sat on the bike. It was kind of awkward that she asked me to put my hands around her waist and hold on, not for me though, but for her. As she started the bike and drove out of colleges' premises, i felt a wave of excitement wash over me. I have never ridden a bike before.

The cool autumn air hit me from every direction, and colors dashed before me blurring the real world and sending me to another, where everything was better. I felt free.

A few of Heaven's passionfruit strands brushed my helmet from underneath her own. She was totally in control of the situation and handled the motorcycle with so much ease and grace as we swiftly glided in between cars, never slowing down our speed. She truly was extraordinary, and i would definitely fall for her, if it wasn't for a certain factor stopping me from doing so. In a few minutes, we arrived to the sushi place. After ordering, we started chatting while waiting for the food.

_ "So mind telling me what was that that happened earlier today? If you feel comfortable with it ofcourse." She said.

I was unsure of whether i should open up to her or not, but something about the cold melting out of her emotionless gold eyes, and the softening of her features along with the gentle smile, seemed to get the words out of me.

_ "the reason Josh said i am disgusting and "no wonder parents kicked you out" is because... well I'm..." i stopped and took a deep breath, the only other time i have said this out loud was to my parents, and i ended up getting kicked out of the house. Heaven felt my unease as i took in shaky deep breaths, she placed her soft hand on top of mine and whispered the following sentence:

_ "hey, hey... calm down, keep on breathing. It's okay... it okay." She said caressing my hand. And so i did as she said. Her encouraging words and soothing tone seemed to calm me.

_ "im sorry, i just don't want you to treat me differently, pitty me, or be disgusted by me" I continue

_ "i have no place to judge you honey, you have nothing to worry about" and as she said those words, i could have sworn i caught a glimpse of sadness in her eyes for a split second, before they turned cold again, yet still held a shimmer of warmth and understanding.

_ "I'm gay" i said "that is why he bullied me, this is what he meant when he said those words. When i came out to my parents they kicked me out of the house. Now I'm working a double shift at a coffee shop, and as an "illegal" bartender on weekend nights, that's the only way i can afford paying rent"

_ "why illegal?" She asked "have you not come of age yet?"

_ "you got it right" i answered, letting out a chuckle as she seemed to have heard this before "I'm 20, how old are you?" I asked

_ "I'm 19. Look i wanna say I'm sorry for what happened, but pitying you won't change the past, nor help you with your future. You are one hell of a strong person. Even when your own parents kicked you out of the house unprepared, you managed to get your life together, find yourself not one, but two jobs, and a roof over your head, all that while not dropping out of college. I don't know you well, but you seem like a kindhearted, hard working and fun person. And if your parents can't accept the fact that in the 21st century people are allowed to love whoever they want, they are the disgusting ones and not you. And from now on, if you need anything, someone to talk to, or a person to be there for you, i am here, always will be, and you ain't gonna get rid of me." She said, giggling.

_ "you really are amazing and one of a kind.  I have never told anyone about my past, but when it comes to you, i just find it so easy to speak to you and be myself, thank you. And remember that i am here for you too babe, also whether you like it or not" we both laughed and as the waitress got us our sushi tray Heaven continued:

_ "now let's talk about something more positive... what are you majoring in?"

_ "i am majoring in interior design and you?"

_ "I actually have a double major, i am studying law and business, and as an additional course, i have chosen psychology"

_ "That is impressive girlll"

And so our evening continued on a more positive note.

•Justus's POV•
Landon was a death machine on the field today, he hasn't missed a single shot, and caused a-lot of damage until he was kicked out of practice by the coach for harming his teammates. He rammed every player in his way to the ground like a fucking wreaking ball, causing one of our team members to twist his ankle and causing another player to separate a shoulder, elbowed a few players breaking one of their noses and tore a hole in the ball. I have never seen him so angry. He never let anyone's words get to him, especially a girl's, but with Heaven, it seemed different...

________________________________
Ooooo, so we found out a bit about Heaven, she's 19 and has a double major of business and law as well as an additional course in psychology. We also learned some things about Alex, seems like he'll be part of Heaven's life from now on. And Heaven seems to have triggered Landon, and according to Justus this is... special?
Find out more in the next chapters of "Heartstrings!"