Chapter 50

The last chapter

°•°•Some time in the future•°•°

*Heaven's POV*
As the mouthwatering aroma of mexican food being cooked on my stove filled the room, I check the clock. 17:30.
Everyone should be here soon.

Through the many windows of our house, you could now see the warm colors of the sunset paint the evening sky. I hummed along to some jazz music playing, as I began preparing dessert. Then, the clicking of the lock resounded through the room as the front door opened, and the once empty house filled with chaotic footsteps laughing, chittering, and the screaming of children.

_ "MOMMYYYY"

_ "There's my little Sia" I exclaim as I crouch down to embrace my beautiful daughter. Despite having my facial features, she was the exact copy of her father, big blue eyes and dark brown hair.

_ "There now Artemisia, don't add any more weight on mommy. Don't you see her biiigg belly." Landon enters the kitchen, groceries in hand. Through his formal suit, which made him look incredulously hot, bulged his muscles. I looked at him in awe. All this time, and I still blushed around him like a school girl.
"Do you know what's in her belly?" He asks, picking up Artemis as he placed a soft peck on my lips and caressed my baby bump.

_ "My wittle bwothew!" Exclaimed my daughter, mispronouncing her letters, causing us to chuckles. Then another child's voice was heard.

_ "AUNTY HEAVEN!" Yelled a little boy.

_ "Justuusss! Look at you so grown up." I hug the grey eyed boy with a head of chocolate curls.

Athena and Silas walk into the kitchen too.

_ "My god Heaven it smells so good" exclaims Athena.

_ "It does, I can't wait to eat" agrees her husband.

_ "Yeah well we still have to wait for Matteo and Rose to arrive before we can all dig in." I state.

9 years have passed, since the passing of an angel. It's true what they say. "There's light at the end of the tunnel". After years of struggling, things finally got better for all of us. I am currently 28, Landon, Athena, and Alex are 29, Silas is 30, while Matteo is 26 and Rose is 24. Alex is currently living in NewYork with his husband and beautiful adopted little girl Macey. Athena and Silas got married 3 years ago after they had their son, whom they named Justus Junior in memory of her lost brother. He is currently 4 years old. 4 years ago when they were only dating Athena got pregnant, and after she gave birth, Silas proposed.

On the same day Athena and Silas got married, Landon proposed to me after I had caught the flower bouquet. They had it all planned that night.

After our honeymoon, which consisted of traveling around Europe, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter Artemisia who is currently 3. And 6 months ago, Landon and I decided to have another child. I'm six months into my pregnancy, and we already found out the baby's gender and chose the name. We were gonna have a baby boy, whose name shall be Atticus.

Everything was great, I had all I could ask for, a loving husband, a family, an enormous house with a garden, a degree in law, and a well known law firm. My best friend lived across the street from me and-

The door bell rang interrupting my thoughts.

^Landon's POV^
I open the front door greeting our expected guests, as the kids ran out to play in the garden. Artemisia and Justus were best friends already.

In came my sister and her fiancé, a tall tanned guy, with dirty blond hair and caramel eyes... Matteo. Yes, as in Matteo Knight, Heaven's brother. I know what you're thinking, I had my doubts at first too, I mean... he had a drug and alcohol addiction. But trust me, he's a great kid. After going into rehab, he came out clean and ready for a new start. He went to college, got his degree and is currently running several offices of Heaven's law enterprise, and makes a shit ton of money. Of course it was hard for him at first, but then my sister came along and she was there for him through his hardest times. They later fell in love, dated, and she is now his soon to be wife. Matteo treated Rose like a princess, he cared for her, loved her and spoiled her by buying her expensive jewelry, taking her away on vacation and getting her her dream car.

_ "Come on in" I smile at them.

As we joined everyone, I couldn't help but look around and smile. My amazing wife who bore my second child, stood there cooking with Athena by her side, Athena whom I considered a sister and who reminded me so much of my best friend. Silas, who had changed enormously, from being a man whore, to becoming a devoted and affectionate father, conversed with grown up Matteo who had his hand wrapped around my little sisters', who was not so little anymore, stomach. Not gonna lie, it was hard for me to see her with someone, but she was not a child anymore and she knew what she was doing. I no longer had a say in this topic.
Also, I already played the "big brother role" on Matteo when they first started dating to scare him a-bit, so they were fine.

The kids jumped around on the wet grass outside, getting all muddy, as they blessed our ears with the melodious sound of innocent childish laughter.

*Heaven's POV*
It was already 20:00 o'clock. We had finished eating the feast I prepared, and as we all sat together, some of us drinking wine, others playing with the kids (aka a Matteo and Rose. They absolutely adored the children), and Landon and I doing the dishes, we decided to give Alex a call and check up on him.

As we spoke to our friend through the phone, Rose asked for our attention as she had an announcement to make. We all looked at each other confused, wondering what she had to say.

_ "Everyone... Matteo..." she said seeming hesitant as she said my brother's name. "I-i-" She stuttered.

_ "hey, it's fine, take your time" he reassured.

_ "I'm 5 weeks pregnant!" She blurted closing her eyes.

Matteo's mouth dropped and his eyes widened in shock, before he composed himself acknowledging Roses worry and picked her up, kissing her.

_ "that's great news baby!" Tears of joy filled his eyes. She let out a relieved sigh and whispered "I love you" in her fiancé's ear. Everyone started to applaud and congratulate them... all but Landon.

The look on his face was price.less. His eyes shot open, brows furrowed and his mouth was
drawn into a big ass O. He was frozen, looking like he was about to explode. I burst into laughter as soon as he roared: "MATTEO!" and chased my brother across the house.

We all burst into laughter.

_ "shouldn't we help him?" Asked Silas as soon as he caught his breathe.

_ "nah, he's a big boy, he can take care of himself." Giggled Rose.

_ "cheers to us and to new beginnings" Athena held her glass of wine up.

_ "cheers!" Everyone put their glasses up.
Everything was perfect.

The End.