Chapter 36

The ring
*Heaven's POV*
I quickly ran home and changed into more comfortable and suitable clothes before making my way to the ware house, following the address given to me.

I arrive to a huge, new, prestigious building about forty floors high. This definitely is not the right place. But that's what the address said...

Above the entrance, a huge "King's Enterprises" sign glistened in illuminated letters. King's enterprises was a huge chain of hotels and clubs owned by the King family. Oh, so this must be the company Landon's dad owns. Landon's family name is King after all.

I text the number that had sent me the address, informing them about my arrival. Outside the building, in the dark humid night I stood. Around me were only two other people. They looked young and fit. One if them was a woman around 26, with long blond hair and brown eyes, and the other was a man around 30 with tattoos all over him muscular arms to his neck and up his bald head. They both looked confused and kept checking their phones aswell. The night was quite, not a single car nor person was in sight. My text was not being answered.

Suddenly, masked men appeared behind the blond woman and bald man. I could tell there was one behind me as-well. Quickly, bags were thrown over the heads of the blond and the bald and they were being dragged away behind the building. 

I immediately ducked turning around, and swiped my leg under the man standing behind me, making him crash to the floor with a loud thump. The other two masked men ran out from behind the building and charged at me. Both stood on either of my sides, circling me ready to attack at the slightest movement. I jumped, pirouetting in the air and kicking both masked strangers where the sun don't shine.

While they were occupied with their precious jewels, I held their heads and slammed them into each other knocking them out. "That was easy", I mumble, catching my breath. I then ran behind the building where the man and the woman had been taken to, and found them kicking and tossing and turning in hopes of getting out of the ropes tied around their hands and the bag on their heads. I tried opening the door, but the car had been locked. Rapidly, I picked the lock and broke the door open and cut the ropes around their hands with the small pocket knife I had brought with me for security reasons. As I helped them out of the car, I noticed a silhouette standing in the shadows. It started moderately clapping.

_ "you never fail to impress me my dear Heaven" says the one and only Juliano Garcia.

_ "Garcia" I greet, skeptically studying him.

_ "I'm pleased to tell you, that you are the only one to make it through my first test for you. I didn't even doubt you hermosa." He says, his hispanic accent coming through thick.  "while you two... didn't..." his words gave out the slightest bit of disgust. "But do not fret amigos... this is only the first test... fail two more and you shall not see daylight again" he laughs at that last sentence.

_ "we had a deal" I hiss.

_ "oh I wasn't talking to you darling, you and me both know you are gonna make it through with flying colors." He pauses. "Now, moving on from the quick thinking and agility test... I shall take you to the warehouse where my most trusted men will continue your testing" he said. My two competitors looked at me with vying stares.

^Landon's POV^
It was already 11 PM. We had excused ourselves and left Alex and Silas behind to finish off our game night. We drove to the warehouse and changed into our working uniforms before heading to the training room.

We entered the training room were stood my father, with three of his men beaten up and bruised.

_ "what the hell happened to them?" I asked.