Chapter 22

The plan
^Landon's POV^
I enter the basement. In there it's cold, dark and humid. Spiderwebs cover every possible nook and cranny, and dust coated every object found there.

While I struggled to pick out a bottle of red wine, the basement door slams shut shaking up the shelves and ledges. Must of been the air or something.

I take the bottle of red Bourgogne and start making my way towards the now closed door. There was no source of lighting, only the pale meek moonlight creeping in from a small window, but it still wasn't enough for me to see clearly.

As I moved through the heaps of old furniture and unidentified objects covered with white sheets, I could feel the slight, gentle movements of another person. I wasn't alone. Before I act though, I had to make sure it was none of the guys. I made my way closer to the door. Laughter. I could hear the laughter and giggling and whispering of the boys and Athena. It definitely wasn't them. I placed my hand in the inner pocket of my jacket, ready to pull out my gun.

A fist connected with my jaw. The hit was swift and full of power in addition to it being unexpected. It made me loose balance. But I quickly regained focus and threw a punch at the unknown person before me (note it was very dark). The mysterious figure dodged my punch and rapidly swept their leg under my feet, causing me to crash to the floor. At this moment, I pull my gun out and aim it at the unidentified individual. I could taste the irony taste of blood which tainted my lip.
Due to the shock and unreadiness of me being armed, the shadow like figure back away to the wall under the window, where moonlight revealed the person's face. My eyes widened and jaw dropped at realization...

*Heaven's POV*
My heart pounded heavily inside my chest. I couldn't believe it. I felt as though my senses were deceiving me. Landon lay there on the floor, blood on his bottom lip, gun in hand. It seemed like a KAHR CW9, and it was pointed directly at me. I raised my hands horrified. His own features expressed fear and worry, but not because of being locked in a dark basement and getting into a "fight". No. It was because he had given himself out...

^Landon's POV^
_ "so you go around thinking I'm the bad guy when you are the one casually carrying a gun around?" Her voice sounded ever so calm, and that made it terrifying.

She stands up and starts closing up to me.
"So you go around, PUTTING YOUR NOSE UP IN OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS, IMPLYING THEY ARE INVOLVED IN SOMETHING SHADY  IN ORDER TO HIDE THE FACT THAT YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT AS INNOCENT AS YOU MAKE YOURSELF SEEM!? Well let me tell you LANDON" she emphasized my name, making sure every drop of venom went into it, making it sound like a curse.

"SO WHAT IF IM NOT INNOCENT HUH!? WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU IF IM AN ILLEGAL FIGHTER OR A BARISTA HUH!? YOU STUPID SPOILED BRAT! THE WORLD. DOESN'T. REVOLVE. AROUND. MUTHERFUCKING YOU. SO IF YOU YOURSELF ARE INVOLVED IN SOME SHADY BUSINESS, YOU AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME. YOU HEAR ME! NO NORMAL HUMAN BEING CARRIES AROUND A GUN, ESPECIALLY NOT TO A FRIENDS' BIRTHDAY! YOU CAN'T FOLLOW ME ALL DAY LONG MAKING ME FEEL LIKE SHIT, WHEN IN REALITY THE ONLY PIECE OF SHIT HERE IS YOU!" She pauses. "PLEASE! Just..please..." her voice cracks "fuck off".
There it was. The truth.

_ "I-i.." I start.
She turns around and looks me dead in the eyes. They turn cold. Not emotionless. Not empty. But stone cold. Yet there was a burning, raging fire inside of them, aching to be released to burn everything down into ashes.

_ "save it", she seethed through her teeth. "Are you happy now? Hmm? You now know I'm an illegal fighter, congratulations. Yes, I may illegally fight barehanded and earn money from it, but now even you can't hide the fact, that you too are up to something. But I don't want to know. No. I don't care, just please, I'm begging you... stay away from me." The coldness of her eyes turned into hurt and indifference, but this time, she didn't crack like she had last time. Then silence followed.

The fire had already burned the small things we had. I didn't want to add anymore fuel to it. There she stood. If one didn't really pay attention, she'd look calm, but I could see through the facade. Her hands were shaking, jaw was clenched and her breathing was uneven. Her fingers then curled into fists. She squeezed them harder and harder until her knuckles turned white. Then suddenly, she abruptly slammed her fist at the wall and sucked in a sharp breath, pushing away her desire to scream and clutched her hand. "If they ask, I won't be home" were her last words, she opened the small window and forced herself out of the dark basement into the freezing winter night. All that was left of her was her sweet scent and memory. It was the first time I had seen her wearing a rather colorful outfit, she looked so... different. Yet now I fear this may of been the last time I see her.

 Yet now I fear this may of been the last time I see her

(Heaven's outfit)
I recollect an image of her tonight. Her hair was tied back into a loose low ponytail and I had only now noticed that it had gone back to it's natural color. Her silky hair was a beautiful, shiny shade of fawn. Her tattoos peeked from under her white top and her high waisted light jeans accentuated her hips perfectly, bringing her goddess like figure to justice.

But now that I look around. All I saw was darkness.

________________________________
Well seems like their plan failed. Miserably.
Why did Landon have a gun on him? Where did Heaven go?
Find out in the next chapter of "Heartstrings!"