Chapter 25

The conversation
•Justus's POV•
_ "Okay so, you need my help to fix things between the two of you? We all want that to happen, but I just can't help myself but ask you this: you usually don't care, neither about girls nor about friendships, so what's different this time?" I query.

_ "I-i don't know I just have this urge to fix things between us, even though we weren't that close to begin with. But ever since we did start talking I just felt like she understands me, and I don't even know how to explain it, but she's just fun to be around. She's also very intriguing, sassy... she's just, no-not like the other girls, and I want to be her friend." He replies, picking his words meticulously.

_ "pfff you boys are dumb..." Athena walks in. "You want to be "her friend"? I think Landon has it good for Heaven." We botj look at her in confusion as we realize she has been eavesdropping on our conversation.

_ "what the fuck are you talking about!? I don't do f-" retorts Landon before being interrupted by my sister.

_ "yeah yeah, you don't do feelings blah blah blah. But face it, have you ever been in love?"

_ "ew no"

_ "okay, so you don't know how it feels to be falling for someone, and you keep saying that you don't know how to explain what you feel towards her, and can't explain why you have this desire to fix things between you two too."

_ "Nonsense! You're just making things up... I just want us to be friends and I want to apologize because I've been nothing bit an invasive asshole to her."

_ "sure..."  Athena narrows her eyes at Landon, "but all I gotta say is go for it, because she won't be around forever. She's an amazing and gorgeous woman, anyone with eyes and half a braincell can see that. Go for it, before someone else does." With that said, Athena leaves the room once again, leaving us in silence.

Landon looks at me like a lost puppy and says: "I just wanna be f-"

_ "friends, yeah, I know" I cut him off. "Anyways I'm going to sleep, you can either stay in the guest room or find the exit. Night."

*Heaven's POV*
Tonight I had a match at The Underground. I have been feeling nothing but frustration these whole two weeks, along with some guilt I guess, so I was excited to let it all out. This pit in my stomach makes me think I was being too hard on him. No. No, he deserved every bit of it. Or.. did he?

As I arrive to the Underground, I am greeted by my agent/bidder.

_ "Hey Clyde" I lazily smile at him.

_ "Wassup Graver, ready to win us some money" he returns the gesture.

_ "Bitch please, I was born ready" I remark sassily. He chuckles in response.

_ "Alright miss sassy pants, go get that cute butt of yours changed" he says as he smacks my behind. I quickly take ahold of his hand and twist it locking it behind his back making him bend over. I then slide my leg under his, causing him to crash to the floor. "Ah ah ah Clydie, not the right time." I shake my head, eyeing the man now laying on the floor.

_ "Shit, I keep on forgetting you're one of the best fighters here. I really should stop messing with you if I wanna keep my spinal chord." He says, slowly standing up while wincing in pain, and rubbing his ass on which he fell on.

_ "you bet you shouldn't, or else you wouldn't be getting any of this" I say in a flirty tone, while starting off.

_ "Damn feisty mama... I like it. I'll wait for you at the stairs after your match. If you won't be too tired by then we can continue the wrestling at my place." he flirts back, winking at me as a devilish smirk drew itself upon his lips. "See you hermosa, and good luck!" And with that, we part ways.

Clyde and I have been friends with benefits ever since I was 17. He is only 3 years older than I, and I know it might of looked and sounded bad back then... a 17 year old and a 20 year old, but now that I'm 19, it's fine.

                     About an hour later

The fights went well. I got distracted a few times as my mind wondered off to a specific someone. Other than that, I won the two rounds effortlessly and made 15,000$. I then met Clyde at the stairs where we agreed to meet, and we drove off to his place.

After ordering Chinese food, things got... heated and we spent the rest of the night in his room, bare and umm... loud. Not going to go into details, so fast forward to 4  a.m. Usually, when I have one night stands I don't stay, so around 4 in the morning I gathered my clothes and left Clyde's apartment, heading home. While sitting in the cab, I check my phone. I had a few messages from Athena and a message from Justus. I open Justus's first as he only sent me one message saying: "Huge party at ours Saturday at 9. You ain't got a choice, you're coming, see you there! "
I then open Athena's message. It said: " S.O.S. my dimwit brother is throwing a massive party at ours and he invited almost the whole college, I won't be able to leave the house because I gotta keep an eye out on the thing so no one burns our fucking apartment down. Please come and keep me company. PLEASE!"

_ "I'll be there earlier so we pick bomb ass outfits. See you tomorrow xoxo" I click send.

________________________________
Hey guys, sorry this chapter is short and boring, I'm having a writers block. Some times there are going to have to be some boring chapters that lead to better ones.
Anyways... another party, ooo. What will happen there?
Find out in the next chapters of "Heartstrings!"