Chapter 49

The next chapter

*Heaven's POV*
"We'll be there soon hermano, we just have to deal with one last thing. See you." Maria ended the call hastily. "Let's blow this popsicle stand" she said leading the way. God she was so cool.

As I followed her, I wondered what the phone call was about. She seemed fidgety about it and didn't fill me in when I asked her what Juliano needed. I couldn't help but worry. What if something went wrong!?

_ "Maria?" I squeak.

_ "Si?" She acknowledges me.

_ "Do we have to kill them all?" I ask, my heart throbbing in my chest. Maria looks at me, her eyes glistening. I understood that those monsters have taken away everything from Athena, and they may take away the person I love the most from me... but it was Lorenzo's idea. He's the leader, he makes the decisions... the others obey him. I didn't want to risk families falling apart by killing the men in there, because I know damn well what it feels like having your family ripped apart.

_ "You sure are something else" she sighs.

_ "Boys... go in there and interrogate them. Find out who participated in the events that occurred. Do not kill anyone except for the responsible ones, the others only if absolutely necessary. Then set up bombs and have everyone know about them so they have enough time to save themselves. Blow this place up only after everyone has evacuated the building. This way they'll know better than to mess with us." She explains to all the men. They all nod and start storming the Voodoos's hideout.

_ "Let's go, they're waiting for us at the hospital." She motions to the car.

_ "Did something happen?" I ask, unsettled.

_ "Honestly I don't know. I didn't let Juliano finish what he was saying. I thought it was better we complete what we came here for before we got overwhelmed with emotions as to not leave a sloppy mess behind." Was her cold answer. Now I see clearly the behavioral resemblance between Maria and Juliano.

I exhale sharply.

Once we arrive to the hospital 2 hours later, we immediately sprinted towards Landon's room.

The place was crammed. Aphrodite, Rose, Juliano, Javier, Santino, Athena and even Silas all encircled the bed.

I felt extremely overwhelmed and salty tears started to form in my eyes. I ran in, and the first thing I saw was Aphrodite, who seemed like she had been crying.

_ "Heaven I'm sorry." She quietly said. I was ready to collapse and burst into hysterical tears before she continued: "he won't talk to anyone..." I felt a wave of relief wash over me, as I realized he had woken up, "but I'm sure you'll manage."

^Landon's POV^
As soon as ai heard her voice say my name, I shot up into a seated position, struggling, despite being advised not to do so. Heaven stood infront of me, drained, bandaged up and skinnier than ever. Rivers flowed out her caramel eyes, but she still looked pretty. Her lids were puffy and red, as her whole body shook, and lips were cracked and dry.

_ "Come on guys, out we go. Give them a minute." All my relatives were shooed out by my mom. She then gave me a sad smile, and closed the door behind her, leaving me and Heaven alone in the room.

Heaven swiftly made her way towards me, and ever so gently, she wrapped her hands around me, afraid of hurting me. She cradled my face, intertwining her fingers in my hair, as she hid her own face in the crook of my neck.

I held her simply as she continued to drain her eyes out. I was still weak and traumatized after everything that had happened. Mostly because of the passing of my best friend. My heart throbbed in agonizing pain inside of me.