Chapter 7

Athena
*Heaven's POV*
The figure standing there was a lean, tall, ethereal woman.

Once she faced me, I studied her face carefully. She had slant almost white eyes, above them were arched eyebrows which furrowed as soon as she noticed me. One of her eyebrows had a scar through it. She had a fairly upturned small nose and full bow lips. Her cheekbones and jawline were well defined and she had a nose piercing, a hoop through one of her nostrils.

_ "you done staring angel?" I said in a whim as I noticed she was studying me as-well.

_ "ew don't you start too." she grimaced, taking a drag from the cigarette between her slim, manicured fingers.

_ "I-uh... I wasn't hitting on you. I feel you, unfortunately we get treated like slabs of meat." I say with a grunt as I approached her and lit a cigarette as well.

She just stared at me for a while, something twinkling in her eyes.

_ "take a picture it'll last longer" I remarked not facing her, but she only rolled her eyes and continued on staring for a while.

_ "Aren't you a bit young to be smoking?" She finally broke the silence.

_ "could ask you the same question" I retort.

_ "touché"

After a few more minutes of silence and smoking she probingly began:

"I don't like sharing" she said completely serious, "and this is my getaway." the serious facade began cracking and a tone of amusement slipped into her voice. "But... I like you so I'll be nice and allow you to come here. But tell a single soul about it, I'll push you off the roof."

There it was.

I tried to suppress my smile, but it only made my cheeks hurt.

_ "deal"

We only managed to glance at one another before bursting into laughter. I think we both felt like this was the begging of a friendship.

_ "Heaven" I introduced myself, holding my hand out.

_ "Cool name. Although I do have a feeling you're quite the opposite. I'm Athena...", she said, shaking my hand.

_ "As in the goddess, right?"

_ "I am the goddess, in the flesh bitch."