Chapter 17

Midnight snacks

^Landon's POV^
and just as i thought she'd kiss me, she zipped up my jacket then playfully said: "You're freezing yet can't bring yourself to at least zip up your jacket." She then messed up my hair and winked at me.

_ "remember what i told Justus when we only met?" She asked, and my reply to her question was silence. "In your dreams pretty boy"
With that she made her way to the kitchen. Damnn that was hot.

_ "i shall fall asleep right away then" i said

_ "you do that" she replied.

_ "you wanna play Hell? Game on."

I followed her to the kitchen where she stood with her hands on her waist and asked "tea or hot cocoa?"

_ "hot cocoa duh" I said. She gave out the cutest little laugh I've ever heard. And the way her nose crinkled as her freckles danced upon her cheeks made me weak to the knees. Her laugh was truly contagious, as involuntarily, a smile appeared on my own face.
After preparing two cups of hot cocoa, Heaven and I headed to the living room where we sat on the couch and wrapped ourselves with warm blankets. We talked about random stuff the whole night, until we fell asleep. She was actually not as bad as i thought she was, and we had quite a lot in common.

*Heaven's POV*
The soft sunshine rays weren't the only thing that woke me up that morning. As my mind awakens and my body remains asleep, I could feel my head and arms laying on a hard surface.

My eyes flutter open and I come to realization of my surroundings. There I lay on Landons hard and muscular chest while he was still asleep. He looked so peaceful. This was the first time I could actually study his facial features without him turning away or giving me snarky comments. His messy chocolate hair covered his gentle features as his lashes brushed his lightly freckled cheeks. I noticed a small scar on his left eyebrow disabling the growth of hair on that spot. But what shocked me the most was the long, horizontal scar on his neck. I traced my finger over it lightly, it looked like there had been a deep cut there. Ink ran down his shoulders all the way across his arms that were... that were w-wrapped around my body. We must have fallen asleep here yesterday while we chatted the night away. Suddenly I heard a door open...

^Landons POV^
I woke up to quick and sudden movements and the feeling of something being torn away from in between my arms. Then my body hit the floor hard. I shut my eyes tighter, ready to receive a blow to my head, when it landed on a soft surface. A pillow? I opened my eyes and took a look around.

Heaven stood there over me holding the pillow under my head. Athena stood at the door, looking at the scene in front of her, unphased. It took me a moment to gather my thoughts and remember what had happened yesterday... yet things didn't quite fall into place. I let out a nervous chuckle and so did Heaven before we both said "Good-morning Athena!" In sync.

_ "Shhhh..." she replied "not so loudddd, it's too earlyyy" she then turned around and marched back to her room.

_ "what the hell happened yesterday!" I shouted in a whisper.

_ "we spent the whole night up" she said calmly, her voice husky and raspier than usual... which was honestly a turn on.

_ "did anything... ummm.. did something h-happe-" I stuttered. She stared at me with a wild expression on her face. Then burst into laughter. This sent me into a trance. The melodious sound of her sweet and heavenly laugh filled my ears and flooded my senses. I could have it on repeat my whole life and never get tired of it. I barely got the chance to hear it, but when I did, it was magical. The way her hair danced as she laughed, the way her nose crinkled and the way she covered her mouth, it was special, all of it. She must have noticed that I was staring as she put a strand of her loose passionfruit hair behind her ear and put on a serious face. It was all gone. In the matter of seconds.

_ "you think something happened between us?" she raised an eyebrow, trying to keep herself from bursting into laughter again.

_ "I mean the last thing I remember was you trying to ki- "
At this moment it all came flooding back. From her zipping my jacket and not kissing me, then the hot cocoa, then talking about random stuff until she finally fell asleep on my shoulder. "Shit"

_ "Don't sweat it London, maybe in another life" she winked at me leaving the room.

~Athena's POV~
I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. With a pounding headache I made my way to the kitchen were Justus sat lifeless at the table his head in between his hands, clearly suffering from a hangover just like me, Landon putting on his shoes and watch, and Heaven making breakfast: pancakes and coffee. "Life savior Heaven!" I said as she let out a giggle. She truly had an extraordinary laugh. Justus grunted hissing "ssssshhh keep it downn" like some-sort of vampire.

_ "where are you going Landon?" I ask.

_ "my old man called, said he needs me back at the wearho- firm for a meeting" he replied.
I noticed Heaven peek from over her shoulder in suspicion.

_ "Here i made you a cup of coffee and wrapped you some pancakes you can eat on your way there, don't even try to turn them down otherwise you're gonna end up wearing your breakfast." She said sassily. He chuckled and took his breakfast off the counter then made his way out of the house. Justus and I exchanged skeptical looks.

*Heaven's POV*
After breakfast, Justus headed to his room to change and Athena started doing the dishes. As I was about to leave the kitchen myself to get dressed Athena said: "Sit your cute ass on this counter at once and tell me what the hell is happening."

_ "what are you talking about?" I asked confused.

_ "Hmmm..." she said looking at me up and down through narrowed eyes, "is there anything going on between you and Landon?"

_ "what!? No!"

_ "don't play dumb with me young lady, I may have been sleepy and groggy, but I don't think i imagined you sleeping on top of Landon earlier this morning. And the way you acted like a caring wife. You were all like "oooo honey don't forget your breakfast oooh!!!" she said in a mocking voice before I slapped her with a kitchen towel. "Ow you bitch"

_ "Nothing's going on between me and Landon, we both couldn't sleep yesterday so we just chatted the whole night and ended up falling asleep. We're just friends, so chill yo crusty ass" I replied

_ "hey! My ass ain't crusty! Ehm...Anyways, thats not the point" her tone changed quickly from playful to serious, and it was scary.

"Even though i know you are "Heaven the invincible" Landon is and has always been known for being a player. And even though you try to hide it I know that under your tough exterior, sits a fragile little Heaven somewhere inside. I just don't want you to get hurt..."

________________________________
Tea! What's gonna happen next?
Find out in the next chapters of "Heartstrings!"