Chapter 2: Saving A life

We've been standing for hours watching these men prance around in Royal Navy uniforms, so I decided to skip. I sneak out of the crowd and started walking down the pier when I heard two guards and another man talking. The guards obviously dressed in uniform and the other was wearing a funny hat with a long coat. His hair was in dreadlocks and had a mustache and beard that was braided with beads. He also had a handsome face.

"Well, there's no real ship that can match the Interceptor," Guard number 1 says.

"The Black Pearl is a real ship," Guard number 2 says while turning to face guard number 1. I can't remember, but I think their names are Mullroy and Murtogg.

"No. No, it's not," Mullroy replies to Murtogg.

"Yes, it is. I've seen it," Murtogg protests.

"You've seen it."

"Yes."

"You haven't seen it."

"Yes, I have."

"You've seen a ship with black sails, that's crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?"

"No."

"No."

"But I have seen a ship with black sails."

While this was going on, I notice the handsome man walking onto the Dauntless. So naturally I follow. I wonder what he's doing here anyway. I stand to the side as I see Mullroy and Murtogg climbing onboard the Dauntless.

"Hey! You! Get away from there! You too Miss!" Murtogg shouts.

"You don't have permission to aboard there, mate," Mullroy shouts. "And miss," he adds.

The handsome man notices me for the first time and bows slightly to my existence. I nod back respectfully; I'm not curtsying to him, especially with these two pointing guns at me. Do they know that I'm the Governor's daughter; well, they don't know that I'm adopted.

"I'm sorry, It's just, it's such a pretty boat. Ship," the handsome man replies. I laugh at the man and his words. He signals me to move near him, so I do with caution, but he obviously wants to escape or protect me or something.

"What's your name?" Mullroy asks.

"Smith. Or Smithy. If you like." Ahh, so it's Mr. Smith then is it, handsome? I really need to stop calling him handsome. I sound like Elizabeth; I'm not interested in men this way. I don't even trust men that much anyway. Unless it's Will.

"What's your purpose in Port Royal, Mr. Smith?" Again, Mullroy asks while watching me move closer to Mr. Smith, probably wondering if I knew him.

"Yeah. And no lies." Ha. Idiot. I like Murtogg. He's so stupid. It's so unbelievable.

"Well, then, I confess. It is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." WHAT?! I think I'm going deaf. I might collapse from heat stroke or something. Because it sounds like to me that he just told them what he was planning to do.

"I said no lies!" Murtogg obviously didn't believe him.

"I think he's telling the truth," Mullroy says.

"If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us," Murtogg snaps.

"Unless of course he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told you," Mr. Smith says.

I was about to say something when I heard a loud splash and a man scream, "ELIZABETH!"

Immediately I run to the side of the ship to see a splash as to where my sister has fallen. I start to remove my dress, but a hand comes and stops me. It was Mr. Smith.

"You leave your clothes on, Miss. It'll ruin your name if you take them off," he says while stripping off as well and handing his effects to Mullroy and Murtogg.

"She's my sister, you idiot!" I shout while removing my dress and my corset. Mr. Smith pauses to look at my breasts. "You pervert! Stop staring!" Is he serious? He moves to touch me, but I realize he wasn't staring at me, but at my necklace.

"Where did you get that? You're not a Barbossa, are you?" He questions. I ignored him as I climbed onto the ledge and jumped into the water to save my sister. I see Mr. Smith in the water as well, so he must have followed.

Together, we pull Elizabeth back to land. First, we had to take her dress off, as it was much too heavy with the water weighing it down. Mullroy and Murtogg were there to help us pull Elizabeth out of the water and onto the pier.

"Why isn't she breathing? Elizabeth? Can you hear me? Please be ok," I cry into her chest.

Mr. Smith tells me to move, so I do and he cuts open Elizabeth's corset with a dagger. Elizabeth starts breathing as she starts coughing and spits water out. I throw myself at Mr. Smith and cry my thanks into his chest.

I hear Mr. Smith ask Elizabeth, "Where did you get that?"

I was about to see what he was talking about, but then we hear hurried footsteps coming towards us.