Chapter 7: Prison Break

I wake up to Jack staring at me with a strange look on his face as if he's scared of me.

"What are you doing? I told you not to stare at me while I'm sleeping," I say with a voice full of sleep.

"Sorry, it's just you had some sort of a nightmare last night. I tried to wake you, but you started to thrash and scream," he says.

"Did I really do that?" I ask as my face goes red.

"You sure did, love. It was kind of scary," he says. "Do you have nightmares often?"

I was about to tell him something when Will came rushing in.

"Maria? Are you going to tell me why those pirates were looking for you?" Will asks.

"It's cos the captain's her father," Jack answers for me.

"Jack, I can answer for myself, thanks," I snap.

"Sorry," he mumbles with his hands up in surrender. I roll my eyes at him.

"Well anyway, they came last night and said something about gold, and you," Will says and then turns to Jack. "And you, Sparrow?" I'm starting to get worried.

"Eh?" Jack replies.

"Are you familiar with the ship the Black Pearl?" Will asks.

"I've heard of it."

"Where does it make berth?"

"Where does it make berth? Have you not heard the stories?" Jack asks. Will and I look at him confused. "Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla de Muerta. It's an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is," he yammers.

"The ship's real enough. Therefore, its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?" Will asks impatiently.

"Why ask me?"

"Because you're a pirate."

"And you want to turn pirate yourself, is that it?"

"Never," Will says with all the spite he has in his voice. He then says, "They took Miss Swann."

"What!? They took Elizabeth?" I burst out.

"Yes Maria, they took Elizabeth cos she told them that her name was yours," Will says.

"Will, she knows who my real father is. We have to go and rescue her," I say in a rushed breath.

"I know, that's why I'm here. I can get you both out of here," Will says.

"How's that? The key's run off," Jack says.

"I helped build these cells. These are half-pin barrel hinges. With the right leverage and the proper application of strength. The door will lift free," Will explains while picking up a wooden bench and sticks the legs in the bars.

Jack stares at him for a moment and then asks, "What's your full name?"

"Will Turner," Will answers.

"That would be short for William i imagine. Good, strong name. No doubt name for your father, eh?" Jack asks. I give him a confused look. How does he know about Will's father? Does he know him, I wonder?

"Yes," Will answers.

Jack looks thoughtful for a second and then says, "Well Mr. Turner, I changed me mind. If you spring us from this cell, I swear on pain of death. I shall take you and Maria here to the Black Pearl and your bonny lass. Do we have an accord?" Jack says putting his hand out through the bars.

Will shook his hand and says, "Agreed."

"Now that we have all agreed. Will, get us out," I say impatiently.

Will then pushed on the bench and the door popped out of its hinges which makes a loud noise.

"Hurry. Someone would have heard that," Will says.

"Not without my effects," Jack says as he grabs his things and then turns to look at me. "I don't think anyone's going to take you seriously in that, lovey," he says while pointing to my underdress. "So, you might as well change into something less comfortable," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him but agree.

We then rush out of the prison and then Jack ushers us into a pub and through to the female toilets.

"Go away if I'm to change then."

Will does as I ask, but all Jack says was:

"Promise I won't look," and winks my way. I give him a dirty look and push him out the door.

"At least Will's a gentleman," I say before shutting the door behind me and locking it.

I decided to go for a manlier look as I really don't want to wear a dress. So, I just go for trousers and some boots.

"Come on let's go," I say once I came out.