Chapter 21: I Love You Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm still crying over my dead Father. Jack sat by me whispering how sorry he was for shooting him.

"I'm so sorry, love. I shouldn't have done it," Jack says while moving me away from Barbossa's body and onto his lap. He sat rocking me whispering sweet nothings into my ear until I stopped crying.

"It's okay, Jack. He was either going to shoot me or Elizabeth. You saved my life," I say with a sad smile.

I then pull him to his feet and then crush my lips against his. The feeling of pure love fills my body. This is where I belong. With Jack, I know that I am home.

"I love you, Maria," Jack says while pecking me softly on the lips.

"I love you too Captain Jack Sparrow," I say then give him a sad smile. "But I still have to go back. Father will be waiting for me," I say then lean up to give him another kiss, but his hand covers my mouth.

"No! Not after everything we've been through! You can't leave me! Especially not for him! He doesn't deserve you! I might not either, but at least I'll treat you right, so please stay with me!" Jack says while he grabs hold of my arms and starts to shake me as if he wants to shake some sense into me.

"Jack, stop it! You're hurting me," I say while tears flow freely down my face. "I have to marry him, and you know it!"

"No! I won't let you go!" Jack says and I wince from the pain that he sends through my body as his grip on my arms tightens.

"Jack, let her go!" Will says taking a hold of me and turns me into his chest giving me a much-needed hug.

"Fine. But I don't care if you have an awful marriage, as I gave you the option, Maria. I gave you my heart," he says with one last glance and walks away to sort through the treasure.

"Are you okay?" Will asks while he pulls out of the hug.

"I'm fine. Just a bit sore, but I think that it was with the fight with the pirates rather than Jack," I say with a little laugh.

"That's good," Will says. "Jack's right you know. You can't marry Beckett. He's an awful man. I don't know what he did to you, but if he so much as hurts you, then you can come running to me and I'll sort it out, okay?" He says while we walk towards Elizabeth.

I sit down on a rock while Will and Elizabeth sort everything out. It almost looks like they were about to kiss, but then she changes her mind.

"We should return to the Dauntless," Elizabeth says softly.

"Your fiancé will be wanting to know you're safe," Will says with a lot of spite in his voice. Elizabeth turns and walks away. I turn to see Jack walking up to Will wearing a crown and jewels.

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment... That was it. Now, if you'd be so kind. I'd be much obliged if you'd drop me off at my ship," Jack says to Will.

"Opportune moment for what?" I ask quietly.

"To tell Elizabeth that he loves her," Jack replies while gazing longingly into my eyes. I give him a sad smile in return.

We make our way towards the boats. I sit next to Elizabeth with Will in front of us rowing and Jack sat in front of him with a very solemn expression. We decided that it was best that no one but the pirates and Will and Elizabeth know about me being a mermaid. We also found out that the crew abandoned Jack, so the only place for us is to go back to the Dauntless.

"I'm sorry, Jack," Elizabeth says with a sincere smile.

"They done what's right by them. Can't expect more than that," Jack says with a sad smile on his face. There goes his freedom.

We climb back onto the Dauntless. The Commodore pulls Elizabeth into a long hug. Will cringes at the sight of them, so I pull him into a hug. It probably looked indecent. I was half naked and Will has half of his shirt torn. It's obviously by looking at us that we've been through a lot. I turn around to see Jack being put in chains.

"Commodore, what are you doing? You said that he would go free if I married Beckett," I say while moving to help Jack.

"Actually, Maria, your father was the one who promised that, not me," he says with an evil glint.

"Let him go then. I promise you that I'll marry him," I say while getting on my knees.

"Get off your knees, it's not very ladylike. You'll have to marry him anyway. You don't have a choice," Commodore says. "Put him in the brig and prepare him for the noose," he says to the guards. I turn and see Jack being carted away by the men.

"Commodore please! Don't do this to my sister. She doesn't want to marry that man. At least do something for her," Elizabeth tries pleading for me.

"No Elizabeth! I already made an exception for you, but not for her. You saved Mr. Turner, and now we're going back to Port Royal where that pirate will be hung!" He says firmly. While he and Elizabeth walk away arguing, I took my chance and ran down to the brig.

"Jack, are you okay? I'm so sorry. I love you. I can't live if you aren't living with me. I can't let you die," I say while crying hysterically trying to reach him through the bars, but it was useless.

"I'll be fine. It's you I'm worried about. You can't marry him, Maria. It will destroy everything I love about you. He'll destroy your strength; your independence; your courage and then finally, your love. He'll destroy you and I won't let that happen," he says while trying to give me a kiss, but the bars were in the way.

"No Jack! Just leave me and my marriage alone. Just focus on surviving," I say.

"I won't let you marry that man. I promise you, Maria. It's never going to happen. I'll always watch over you and your wedding will never happen. Trust me on this," he says with his signature wink.

"Hey! What are you doing down here, Miss? Come on!" One of the guards says while pulling me away from Jack.

"I love you, Jack."

"I love you too Maria."

That could have been the last time that I've seen Jack alive. I know they won't let me, but I have to get to the hanging. There has to be a way to save him.