Chapter 8: Commandeer A Ship

"We're going to steal a ship? That ship?" Will asks Jack while looking at the Interceptor.

I hope Will doesn't chicken out. I need to save Elizabeth. I need to save her because it's my fault that she's in this mess. Well, that and because according to Jack, she has a medallion of some sort. I'm not sure though. It's all very confusing.

"Maria lovey, hurry up! Stop daydreaming, or we'll miss the opportunity." Oh man, was I daydreaming again? "Well Missy, I see that you have come out of your daydream. Anyway William, commandeer. We're going to commandeer, that ship," Jack says pointing to the Dauntless. "Nautical term. One question about your business, boy. Or there's no use going. This girl. How far are you willing to go to save her?"

"I'd die for her," Will says.

"Oh, good. No worries, then. And you, Maria?"

"The same. She's still my sister and I'm sure she'd do the same for me."

So off we went, but honestly, I didn't see this coming. I mean a boat underwater. You can see all the fish and coral down here.

"This is either madness or brilliance," Will says.

"I think it's brilliance. I love seeing the bottom of the sea like this." Well, I'm honest. I love the sea. I always have.

"It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide. Missy, I'm glad you like it. Now up you get. We're by the ship now," Jack says pulling me up.

We all climb up. It's hard work, especially seen as though we had to climb up the back. I'm just glad that I'm in trousers rather than a stupid dress.

"Everyone stay calm! We are taking over the ship," Jack shouts while holding a sword out for me to use. Well, I'm not going to pass an opportunity up to use a sword.

"Aye! Avast!" Will shouts and receives a funny look from Jack and I just can't keep it in. I burst out laughing.

"Hahaha. I-I... Ha... can-can't... hahaha believe... haha... y-y-you... said t-t-that," I laugh while clutching my stomach.

"Shut up, Maria," Will says glaring at me with annoyance to get me to stop.

"This ship cannot be crewed by two men. You'll never make it out of the bay," Gillette says in amusement. I actually used to like Gillette. We used to be friends.

"Excuse me. I'm here too, so that makes it three." I just had to point it out and stick my tongue out at him.

"Having a woman on board is not much difference. What are you going to do? Sit and look pretty all day?" He says with a smirk, and I just snap. How dare he say that to me. I lunge at him, but Jack stops me.

"Let me go, Jack! I'm going to kill him!" I shout while trying to get out of his grasp.

"Now lovey, we can't have you going around killing people just yet. Don't give him the benefit of the doubt," Jack whispers into my ear as I calm down. He loosens his grip on me. "Of course we can, son. I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?" Jack says to Gillette while pointing a pistol at him. And with that, we order Gillette and his crew in this little boat.

"Sir, they've taken the Dauntless! Commodore! They've taken the ship! Sparrow, Turner, and Miss Swann have taken the Dauntless!" Gillette shouts to get the attention of the Commodore.

"Here they come," I say, and Jack looks behind him and gives a cheeky grin.

"Bring her around! Bring her around!" We hear Gillette shout.

"Search every cabin, every hull, down to the bilges!" Commodore demands. While they're searching for us, I grab hold of Jack and he throws me over his shoulder to carry me across to the Interceptor with Will following after. Jack sets me down and Will cuts the ropes and we soon set sail. "Sailors, back to the Interceptor! Now!" Haha sucker!

"Thank you, Commodore, for getting us ready to make way. We'd have had a hard time to do it by ourselves," Jack shouts across and gives another cheeky grin. They were about to shoot at him when Commodore tells them not to since I'm with them.

"Abandon ship!" We hear Gillette shout in a panic as we had set sail in his direction. I laugh at them as they all jump into the water to avoid being run over.

------------------------------------------------------------

We've been sailing for a while now and I'm getting sick and tired of the boring things Will is saying. I mean, I've heard the story of Will's father plenty of times over the years.

"When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me by herself. After she died, I came out here, looking for my father," Will says.

"Is that so?" I think Jack is being sarcastic here.

"My father, Will Turner. At the jail, it was only after you learnt my name that you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted, I didn't press the matter. I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my father." Haha not a simpleton. I can't help but snigger at that.

"I knew him. Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill," Jack says.

"Bootstrap?" Will asks. This is getting interesting. Never heard this part before.

"Good man. Good pirate. I swear, you look just like him." WOW, PIRATE! Definitely never heard this part before.

"It's not true. He was a merchant sailor. A good, respectable man who obeyed the law." Haha doubt that if he was a pirate here.

"He was a bloody pirate. A scallywag." Wow Jack, keep it low. Will is getting angry.

"My father was not a pirate," Will says angrily and pulls out his sword and I jump in between them.

"Put is away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again." Well done, Jack. Just please drop it now. We need both people to get to Elizabeth.

"You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you."

"Okay guys, stop. We need to stay calm," I say, but they ignore me.

"Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it? I'd duck if I were you, Missy," Jack warns me. I duck before Jack turns the wheel sharp right as Will is swung over the bow pole and hanging over the water. "Now, as long as you're just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these. What a man can do, and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you'll have to square with that someday. Now, me, for example. I can let you drown. But I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesy, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate? Or can you not?" And with that, I turn around and smack Jack and turn the wheel so that Will is back on the boat.

"YOU IDIOT! Will could have drowned!" I shout in Jack's face.

"Well, he didn't, so stop shouting at me, lovey."

"No, you listen! We need everyone on here to be able to trust one another. And if we can't do that, then there is no point in us going on this task together. I trust Will with my life. You. Not so much, and I'm sure Will feels the same way. So, it's YOU that has to prove that he can he trusted, okay?" I shout and then storm off.

"Wow, that young lady has a temper on her." Ha! You would know.

"Oh no, Jack. She's no lady. Anyway, Tortuga?" Will asks.

"Tortuga," Jack confirms.