Chapter 5: Prison

Ow! My head. I roll over expecting to find a table with water on it, but instead I feel something warm like a leg.

"Like feeling me up now, do you Missy?" I hear a dark seductive voice say. As if hearing that voice triggered something in the back of my mind. I stand up and see that I'm in a prison cell and only wearing my underdress. Why was I not aware of this at the time?

I give Jack an angry look and pulled him to his feet and slapped him across the face.

"You idiot! Why did you do that?!" I shout.

"Okay, I deserved that, but it wasn't exactly my fault," he says while rubbing his cheek.

"It was so your fault. You were my one-way ticket to freedom, and now I'm in a damn prison cell with a pirate such as yourself."

"I thought you said your real Father's a pirate."

"Shut up," I snap.

"Okay. But I must ask. Why do you have a ring on your left finger? You're not engaged to be married, are you?" He asks. I look down at the ring that Beckett sent me for my birthday. I decided not to tell him since I don't really trust him.

"That is none of your business," I spat as I back away from him.

"Fine. You don't have to tell me anything as I can see that you don't trust me," Jack says.

"That's right. I don't trust you," I say and then turn around to see that there is a big hole in the wall in the cell next to ours. I start to calm down. "Jack, what's been happening since I've been out?"

"The Black Pearl attacked, and many people are either injured or dead. Their cannons blasted a hole in that wall and the rest of the prisoners escaped through it. The crew was said to be looking for a Maria in the Governors household. It wasn't you, was it, lovey?"

"If I knew, I wouldn't tell you."

"Let me guess. Your father wouldn't have the name Barbossa, would he?" He says with a smirk. I give him a surprised look.

"What!? How did you know that?"

"You wouldn't think I would recognize that necklace you're wearing, eh?" He says pointing to my necklace and then I remember him asking me earlier if I was a Barbossa.

"Wait! You know my father, don't you?"

"He's not a very good man, I can tell you that."

"How's that?"

"Believe me, you don't want to know that, Missy."

"Fine! I think I want to be getting some sleep now as it's been a very long disappointing day, and please don't stare at me while I'm sleeping."

"Promise I won't, love. But here, you're going to need it," he says handing me his coat. Maybe I can trust him. He just gave me his coat, so I won't freeze to death, but I don't know. He really is a hard man to figure out.

"Thank you," I say and laid myself down in the corner to try and get some sleep.

"Anytime love, anytime," Jack says before I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.