Chapter 15: The Medallion

Will helps Elizabeth and I back onto the ship. I search for the one person I knew would understand. Anamaria. She took one look at me and opens her arms. I go to her, and the tears start flowing again.

"Not more pirates," Elizabeth complains as she stands up and moves closer to Will.

Gibbs moves through to the crowd towards Elizabeth.

"Welcome aboard, Miss Elizabeth," he says, and her face was full of shock.

"Mr. Gibbs?" Elizabeth asks probably wondering how he became a pirate.

"Hey boy, where be Jack?" Gibbs asks Will which causes a fresh wave of tears to come pouring out of my eyes. Anamaria hugs me closer which gets her evils off Elizabeth. She's probably jealous that I wouldn't let her comfort me, but I'll let a pirate.

"He fell behind," Will answers simply. I glare at Will as I know the lies that he's telling everyone. Will and Elizabeth then move to go below deck.

"Keep to the Code," Gibbs says to everyone after a minute to get over the shock.

"Weigh anchor! Hoist the sails! Make quick, divvies!" Anamaria shouts as I send her a reassuring smile and move to go below deck to follow Will and Elizabeth.

When I'm down below, I stay hidden in the shadows ready to let them know I'm there if they say anything wrong. They look very cozy while Elizabeth sits trying to wrap her hand with a bandage.

"What sort of a man trades a man's life for a ship?" Elizabeth asks irritably.

"Pirate. Here let me," Will says taking Elizabeth's hand and helping her wrap it with the bandage.

"Thank you."

"You said you gave Barbossa my name as yours. Why?"

"I don't know."

"Why give him Maria's name then?"

"I knew that he was her father, so I thought it would protect me, but then he started to suspect me, so I changed it to yours, but after you saved me, he must have thought I was his daughter as he shouted to stop them shooting at me."

"He must have seen Maria," Will tries to offer an explanation, but he knew it was no good.

"No. He didn't know she was there," Elizabeth says then winces and takes her hand back when Will tightens the bandage.

"Sorry. Blacksmith's hand. I know they're rough," Will says and takes her hand back and finishes bandaging her hand.

"No. I mean yes, they are, but... But don't stop," Elizabeth says. They look into each other's eyes and start to lean in.

"Elizabeth," Will whispers.

Will stops leaning in when he touches her neck and then puts his hand to her chest. Elizabeth then removes a medallion from around her neck. It was the one Barbossa was using to try and break the curse. I'll have to ask Elizabeth about the curse as I have no idea what it is, but I'm sure that she knows.

"It's yours," Elizabeth says while putting it in his hand.

"I thought I'd lost it the day they rescued me. It was a gift from my father. He sent it to me. Why did you take it?" He looked angry and betrayed by this action.

"Because I was afraid that you were a pirate. That would have been awful," she says with tears in her eyes. A look of realization was on Will's face as he figures out the whole situation.

"It wasn't your blood they needed. It was my father's blood. My blood. The blood of a pirate," Will says clutching the medallion in his hand.

"Will, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," Elizabeth pleads. Will just ignores her while he slams the medallion down on the table.

Elizabeth gets up and storms above deck. I leave quietly and head to Jack's Quarters. Elizabeth doesn't deserve my comfort, but if I stay here any longer, I'd end up giving it to her.