PROLOGUE

While growing up I didn't have the happiest of childhoods. My father died of a brain tumour and my mother crashed her car into a building, trying to get to the hospital.

I lost both of my parents on the same day, hours apart.

I was six when everything in my life started going wrong. My parents died and my four older brothers and I were shipped off to live with our aunt.

The oldest was Adam. He was thirteen when our parents died . Even though we lived with our aunt, he took care of us, fussed over us like a mother hen, especially me.

The second oldest was Brandon. He was ten . Brandon and I used to be very close before our parents passed. I had so many happy memories of all of us together. When our father got sick, Brandon changed. He stopped playing with me and would yell at me to go away. He even crossed the line when he hit me, which Adam didn't take lightly. Why he started to hate me? I had no idea.

Then there were the twins. Jayson and Jayden. They were eight and so much worse. They used to take my toys and shove me down on play grounds. They verbally abused me every chance they got. I don't actually think they had a reason for treating me this way. I think they just follow Brandon's example, as an older brother they look up to him, whatever he did they tried to do. Brandon hated me, so the twins also became my tormentors.

When Adam turned eighteen he took over as our legal guardian. He was more of a father than brother . Even though the rest of my brothers were so terrible to me , they really cared about Adam and they weren't bad people in general .

Now, I'm sixteen, the twins are eighteen, Brandon is twenty and Adam is twenty three.

Brandon used to live by himself in an apartment, but he got involved with some really bad people and he got in the wrong side of the law .

Adam paid his bail and promised the police that he would keep Brandon out of trouble .

The twins and I go to the same high school. They failed and were held back. Hopefully they pass this year and can move on to collage, in other words, leave me in peace.

At the age of nineteen, Adam got a publishing deal. He writes amazing books and now he's one of the youngest top editors of a news paper company. To my delight he works from home most of the time .

As for me, nothing much has changed. The only person that cares for me is Adam. Jayson and Jayden made sure that I'm bullied in school and that I don't have any friends.

They constantly remind me that my long straight brown-black hair and wide light blue eyes are part of what makes my face messed up. It didn't matter that I was petite and most people tower over me, to them I was still just a fat pig .

I've gotten used to most of their hurtful comments, but I still cry myself to sleep, wondering what it would be like to have a normal family where I was loved by everyone.