EPILOGUE

I had to catch up on a lot of missed school work. It was hard, but I did it because I'm super smart and cool. 😎 (I am a nerd.) 

Drew was officially my boy friend and we finally kissed. Of course it was somewhere, where Jayden couldn't find us . Kylee and Adam started dating as soon as Adam was out of the hospital. Jayden also introduced us to Amelia , the girlfriend that he showed me.

Jayson and I had been getting along pretty well, Brandon on the other hand was still awkward around me.

It has been five months since that horrible accident and I can't say that life has been bad.

"That is not how you set up a grill!". Jayson screamed at his twin and then smacked him at the back of his head .Jayden smacked him back , that led to them rolling around in the grass throwing punches at each other .

"You idiots." Brandon growled. "You can't do anything right ."  Brandon then proceeded to fix the grill all by himself while mumbling how useless every one else was.

We were trying to do a BBQ funday kind of thing . I say 'trying' because none of us had ever even attempted to do something like this before . Adam  and Drew stood on the side lines , they looked confused too, not knowing what to do next.

Kylee, Amelia and I, sat on chairs , sipping lemonade and Watching the stupidity of my brothers...and Drew . The stupidity of all the men in my life, yeah, that sounds better  .

"They're going to ruin lunch." Kylee said.

"They're stupid ." Amelia piped in.

"Agreed. " I mumbled . We were Hungry .  It was late. When we tried to help them out, they directed us back to our chairs.

"That is how you set up a grill!" Brandon exclaimed, grinning proudly at himself.

" Lia." Brandon called.  "Can I talk to you?"   I got up and followed him away from everyone.

"I just wanted to give this to you ." He pulled out a tiny red box and handed it to me. I still wasn't accustomed to Brandon being nice to me, so I was a little suspicious. He urged me to open .

Wedding rings. Mom and Dad's. They were both on a silver chain. 

" When our parents died I kept something of theirs too, I kept their rings. I know it can't replace what I broke . Mom's necklace and Dad's watch, but I figured after everything I've done to you, you at least deserve to have some thing of theirs . And I suppose this is my way to apologise for all the things I've done  ." His cheeks flared a bit and he looked everywhere else but at me .

I felt a warm flutter in my chest. I stepped forward and hugged him tightly. He stiffened.

"Lia, what are you doing ?"

"I'm hugging you."

" I don't do hugs, get off " he sneered, shoving me slightly. I laughed while he continued to sneer at me . I guess he forgot about that time on the bridge , where we hugged and he cried like a little girl . I valued my life , so I shall not bring that up

Our moment , if you could call it that, was gone when a small explosion came from the direction of the grill .

"What did you two idiots do to my grill?! " Brandon stormed towards the twins who were coughing and fanning away thick smoke.

"He did it !" Jayson said, pointing at his twin .

Jayden looked at him in disbelief and mouthed the word 'traitor'.  The twins ended up in another fight rollig around in the grass again .

I looked around at my messed up family. For years I wished for us to be together like this, and it finally happened. We're a family again .