CHAPTER 11

I was so caught up with my self hating thoughts that I didn't hear the knock on my door or the sound of my door opening.

"Lia!"

I opened my eyes only to be met with Jayden's.  He was kneeling in front of me.

"What happened?"

"I felt sick." I murmured. 

His eyes left my face and past over my trembling body and then to the toilet.

"Come on."  He put his arm around my waist and helped me up and to my bed. Next to my bed was a tray with food and an ice pack.
"For your cheek. " he pointed to where Brandon had hit me.

"Thanks." I said, accepting it.

A few awkward minuets passed while he just sat next to me. He looked like he was debating with himself.

"Tell me what happened." He suddenly said.

"I told you. I felt sick." I mumbled.

"Thats bullshit." His words surprisingly weren't harsh. "You forced yourself didnt you?"

Shock over took my features.  My heart rate picked up. I felt like I was on a verge of a panic attack.

"H-how did you know? I-I .... it's not.
I don't. "  my words came out all jumbled.

What shocked me the most were his sad eyes. They also made me angry.  They made me like this. What right did he have to look at me with regret?

"Why do you care?" I asked harshly.  "You've never cared before. Why start now?"

He stared at me and then let out a harsh sigh.  He pulled put his phone, tapped furiously on it and then showed it to me.  On it was a picture of a brunette. She wasn't model gorgeous ,  but her face held a certain innocence to them. She was so.cute, like a doll, with her light grey eyes and little button nose.

"Amelia ." He said.  "My girlfriend. She attempted suicide a few days ago."

"Oh my God. Is she okay?" I forced out.

"She's in the hospital.  She'll be fine.  She's been suffering with an eating disorder for a while.  I've tried to help her through it. I thought she was getting better... but..." he trailed off.  "Can you guess why she's been suffering? Because she's been bullied brutally in her school. " he chuckled humourless.  "I've bullied you my entire life. This is the definition of karma. "

I see now that his eyes were droopy and red. Indicating he's barely had any sleep. He turned to me.  "I'm sorry, Lia. I'll try to.change I promise.  Just don't do this anymore. Please."

I didn't want to forgive him easily but my heart went out to his sorrowful expression.

"Okay.  Ill try too."  I said.

He smiled at me . "And don't worry about the others. I'll try to talk to them too."  He hugged me tightly before leaving.

I felt as if I'll wake up and this would've all been a dream. That I didn't spend time with drew and Jayden didn't make amends for what he's done. I really hope it's not a dream.