CHAPTER 17

LIA

Adam took me to the hospital to make sure everything was fine. Fortunately, I hadn't broken any ribs nor had any internal bleeding . We had to lie about what happened . I didn't want social services to be involved . The last thing I needed was to be taken away from Adam

After the confrontation. I hardly saw Brandon . Jayson ignored me, as usual.   Drew, on the other hand, I was avoiding . I didn't know what to say to him. My insecurities were ruining me. On a brighter note, Jayden and I were getting along really well. He likes to tease and annoy me.  He teased me before , but back then it was hurtful words , now its almost funny. It's so weird how things can change so quickly.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"It feels like you've been avoiding me."  Drew caught me by my locker and confronted me.

" Whaaaaaat?... Nooo . I-I  I've been busy." That's all my brain could come up with? Seriously?  "Well, I better be heading to class."
I tried to walk past him but he blocked my way.

"You're not leaving until you tell me why you're avoiding me.  Was it something I said ? Lia, if I did something, you need to tell me so I can fix it. Please. "

He looked at me with such a lost and hurt expression, I couldn't just leave him without an explanation. The guilt would kill me .

"Drew, believe me, you didn't do anything. It's just alot of family drama. I can't seem to function right these days. " Well, it wasn't a lie.

Relief over took his features.  "You have no idea how worried I was. I thought I did something .  I really like you ... Uh- I mean you're cool to hang out with... Yeah- that's what I meant . " His cheeks heated up adorably.

" You mean that? " I asked, shyly avoiding eye contact.

"Of Course! I'm good friends with your brothers and you're their sister .. ." He stopped and narrowed his eyes in confusion.    " You know that you're their sister. I don't know why I said that. What I meant was, you're awesome. And they're awesome . Why do I keep bringing your brothers up?  I'm rambling . Bye Lia! "   Drew left, running to his car.

•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As the days went on the tension thickened. Jayden hardly spoke to his twin  and Brandon avoided every one . Most days, Adam spends the entire day locked away in his office. He said it's because he came home early. His boss understood that he had a family emergency, but the work load has tripled since . He still tries to make time for me through all the work though, which I'm really grateful for.

On the bright side, Drew asked me out on a date. It was after school and I was waiting for Adam to pick me up .

"Hey, Lia." Drew greeted me.

"Hi." I smiled brightly.

" Uh... I wanted to ask if you were doing anything tomorrow, because I would like you to go see a movie .... With me. " He paused and then added.  " Like on a date. "

I looked at him with wide eyes. He was looking at the ground, avoiding my eyes .

"Um... Okay.  I-I." I cleared my throat. "Yeah. I'm free tomorrow."

He smiled widely and pulled me in for a short hug.

" I'll text you later, bye!" He ran off screaming .  Where does he get all that energy?

Someone cleared their throat behind me.

"Why is it that whenever Drew and I talk, you're always lurking close bye ? "  I asked Adam.

He shrugged  nonchalantly and mumbled grumpily a  ' get in the car before I leave you to fend for yourself.' Not that he would ever do that... I hope.

Family Again (✔)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें