seven

Whilst Harry is busy on the phone in the other room, I take the opportunity to put my clothes back on. I'm still reeling after our kiss, my lips are still tingling. Is this what sugar babies do? Do they get involved like this so quickly after meeting? Because if I think about it, I didn't even know this guy a week ago and now here I am in his hotel room. I still don't really know what he wants from me, this whole situation is very confusing. If I'm going by what I signed in the contract; he wants someone attractive to be available 24/7 to go to events with him. But if I go off of what I have seen in the little time we have known each other; it seems like he just wants someone to hang out with, maybe to date. And what am I in it for? Could I really see myself dating a guy who is quite a lot older than me and seems to exist in a completely different world to my own?

I ponder my thoughts as I find my way back to the windows of the front room, approaching the glass and leaning my forehead against it to see how high up we are. I've never really been afraid of heights, and the view is too spectacular for me to care even if I was. The view feels as though you are flying over London in a helicopter; completely undisturbed, perhaps on a clearer day you would be able to see more of the countryside beyond the city limits. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn to see Harry reenter the room and shove his phone back into his pocket.

"I have to go, I'll get John to drive you home" Harry pushes the button for the elevator and I hurry over to his side as it seems to arrive quite quickly. I'm a little thrown by his demeanour, our intimate moment only minutes ago seems to have been forgotten completely, maybe more problems with the event downstairs.

"Everything okay?" I ask as the elevator doors close and we begin to descend down to the ground floor, he shakes his head.

"It's just business, you wouldn't understand" I don't know if he means to sound so cold and condescending, but it certainly doesn't feel good to hear.

"Did I do something wrong?" I look up at him and furrow my brow slightly, he is probably regretting kissing me. He sighs and tilts his head back.

"I don't have time to babysit you, I have actual work that I need to get back to" My mouth drops open at his snarky tone before the elevator doors slide open and he exits without another word. I trail out a few steps behind him and watch as he heads back in the direction of the ballroom, the lovely Amanda by his side.

"Miss Graham" John appears by my side causing me to jump slightly, he moves so quietly and quickly. "Are you ready to go?" He's already been instructed to get me to leave, I sigh gently and nod my head as I follow him out to the front of the hotel. The staff smile at me and one of the valet drivers opens my door for me as John gets into the front seat. They must have deduced by now that I have some form of personal relationship with Mr Styles so they'll be sure to give me special treatment when they see me around. The thought of it makes me slightly uncomfortable, this whole deal that I have willingly entered into is starting to turn bad, and it's been less than a week.

"Where to Miss Graham?" John asks me as he starts the car up.

"Just home please John, I won't keep you from your day" I respond as he begins to drive away from the hotel. He is silent for the rest of the ride back, leaving me alone to my thoughts. If Harry is going to be so hot and cold with me then surely I should be able to do the same. And I would; if it weren't for all the rules I agreed to follow in the contract. I think back to the rules in the contract; When at functions speak when spoken to, maintain a high level of physical beauty, no talking back. He wants to use me as a sparkling trophy to drape over his arm to impress his friends and feel superior to everyone else in the room, to stand beside him and nod and smile like a cardboard cut out. If that's all he wants me for then fine; but why go to all the trouble of trying to impress me and get to know me? Perhaps he wanted us to be more, and I didn't meet the mark. Now, perhaps, he just wants to ride out our contract for the next six months and get Grace to find him a new model to drive around town.