twenty six

I'm woken up to the sound of a foreign alarm sounding loudly through my tiny bedroom. My body forces itself upwards at the unknown sound as I turn my head to see Harry groan, and stretch his arm out to the side table.

"Relax bub, it's just my alarm"  Harry says in a husky voice as he shuts off the sound and rubs his hands over his eyes. That's right, he's going to Paris.

"What time is it?" I ask as I allow his hand on my shoulder to gently coax my body back down onto the bed.

"4:15, John will be here to pick me up in 15 minutes" He mumbles as he presses a kiss to the top of my head. I curl my arm around his waist and lay my head down on his chest, slightly propped up by some pillows.

"Poor John," I mumble sleepily. "You keep him so busy" Harry's chest rumbles softly as he releases a quiet chuckle.

"I pay him well enough, he'll sleep when he retires, as will I" I blink my eyes quickly to keep myself as awake as possible, I won't see Harry for the rest of the week and if I have fifteen minutes to spend with him I would rather be conscious for it.

"Do you have to go?" I moan softly, tilting my chin up to look up at him to find his gaze is already fixed on me. He presses his lips together and nods his head, tucking some stray hairs behind my ear as he does.

"I do love, but I'll be back before you know it. It's not too late for you to join me either?" He raises one of his eyebrows and his lips form a cheeky smile.

"I wish I could but I can't" I mumble quietly back to him. Honestly; I'm an idiot for passing up a week in Paris with Harry but I can't just drop my whole life and all of my priorities just to jet away with him. I have to remind myself to not get lost in him, to not let this lifestyle overtake my life. I have morals and plans that I need to hold onto no matter what kind of relationship I'm in.

"Next time" Harry replies softly. "I gotta get dressed" he lifts his hand up and rubs it over his eyes. I shuffle over in the bed and lay back down, resting my head on the pillow that once held his curls as he slides himself out of the bed. The pillow holds his scent, and I have to physically stop myself from inhaling it and looking like a psycho in front of him. Harry gathers his clothes from the floor and places them on the edge of the bed, starting to get dressed.

"What are your plans for the week while I'm gone?" Harry asks as he slides his long legs into his pair of pants. I was quite amused last night when he was able to pull a condom out of the pocket. I hope he doesn't always carry them around; or maybe I do.

"Lectures, work, the usual" I mumble as I watch him pull his shirt on over his back. His tattoos are only just visible in the dim light of my room, the sun not due to make an appearance for at least another hour.

"Last week of work though right?" Harry asks as his fingers fiddle with the buttons on his shirt. I hope he hasn't forgotten our conversation last night about the money situation, I'd hate to have to live through that argument for a second time.

"Yeah, at the cafe. I'm going to talk to my boss at the bookstore and see if I can keep working there" I say quickly. Harry nods his head slowly, thank god, he seems to have remembered.

"No Ryans at the bookstore that I need to worry about huh?" He asks with a soft smirk. It seems so weird that Harry cares about Ryan and I working together this much. Harry is the whole package and we are dating. Whereas I've shown no interest in Ryan and I see him at most 12 hours a week.

"You have nothing to worry about" I reply smiling gently.

"I'm sure there is, you just can't see it" Harry comments quietly as he puts on his cuff links. I roll my eyes with a grin.