fifty

A/N: the end!! Ending this sooner than I thought because I have BIG SEQUEL PLANS IN THE WORKS.

Happy Valentines Day. I love you all so much. Thank you for all of your support. I hope you enjoy. If you choose not to read the sequel I under stand, thank you for coming on this journey with me. You guys all mean the world to me. Doesn't matter if you started yesterday or like 6 months ago when this all started. I love you all so much.

Okay I'm rambling enjoy byeeeee xx

Harry's P.O.V

"Hey" Michael whispers to me as we both work to set up the table. Looks like mum has gone overboard and invited 14 people to this thing, what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Fuck me.

"What?" I ask him. I like Michael, he doesn't really talk much and he treats my sister nice.

"She seems great" he whispers, this time nodding his head towards the kitchen. I manoeuvre my head around to see Elena having her ear talked off by my mother as she tries to slice up fruit. I want to scoff and roll my eyes and say 'of course I know she's fucking great I'm the one dating her' but I promised my mum that I'd have a good attitude today, so instead I say:

"Sure is"

"Gemma talks constantly about how great she is, she's really happy that you guys came. Plus Anne's ecstatic that we've all managed to get together" He continues, his voice louder now as we collect what mum calls 'the fancy glasses' that are reserved for special occasions from the China cabinet. I guess he's feeling extra chatty today, meanwhile I have to save up all of the energy I have in order to tolerate the rest of this day.

"How're you feeling about having another baby?" I ask him, feigning interest. I couldn't care less how he's feeling about it in all honesty.

He nods his head as he carries some of the nice wine glasses to the table. "I'm excited. People say it's hard work going from one to two, especially with Charlie being the age that she is. I'm planning on cutting back my hours a bit so that I'll be around more" Michael drones on as we place the glasses down. Gemma will be happy about that; she's always complaining that she doesn't get to spend a lot of time with him. It's not like I can say anything, I'm almost always working; I brought my work phone with me just in case anything urgent comes up. But that's something I won't be telling Elena.

"Good Plan" I mumble in response before I risk a sneak peek into the kitchen. I can't hear what they're talking about, but suddenly I can see Elena tip her head backwards and let out a string of infectious giggles that has the rest of the kitchen in fits of laughter. Something inside of my chest flips over watching my mum rest her head on her shoulder and laugh with her. I'm not this kind of guy, before her I never used to get soppy or carried away with these kinds of feelings before. It could be because I've never brought a girl home to meet my family before, but I've also never met a girl like Elena before.

Watching her being completely embraced by my mum makes me feel for her, because of the situation with her and her family. I talked with Elena's mum quite briefly at her birthday and she seems like a very lovely woman. She pulled me aside and told me that although she had her doubts at first, she now is very happy that I'm with Elena. I can see why Elena treats her like she's glass; she's quite a fragile woman, like if you say the wrong thing it could send her down a rabbit hole. So I promised her that I would never ever hurt Elena, that I would keep her safe and make sure she's cared for. I didn't want it to come off like I was bragging about my wealth, but I wanted to assure her that she didn't need to worry about something as trivial as money anymore. I can hear her voice ringing in my ear now;

"It doesn't matter to Elena what you have; it matters who you are. As long as you love her, she will be there"

I agree with her, but only slightly. Her mother loved Elena even when she was going through all her problems with her mental health, but Elena needed a lot more than love. She needed stability, safety, freedom and support among so many other things. And yes she still loved her mother, but it still deeply affected her not having that at such a young age. If I didn't support her and make her happy but I loved her then I'd hope that she would tell me to fix shit rather than just stay because I loved her.