twenty

A/N: WARNING: This chapter is 7500 words long....I may reaaallly enjoy writing from Harry's point of view. Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think, thanks for all of your support. Xxx

Harry's P.O.V

It's not often that I find myself strolling through a park, I'm much too busy to be living my life at this slow of a pace. But I knew I couldn't convince Elena to go back to my place with me, so the park had to do. Thankfully, it worked out in my favour, and Elena is happily walking beside me ice cream cone in one hand, holding mine in the other.

"How were Lenny and Boyce after I left?" Elena's sparkling eyes peer up at me as we make our way down the path away from the ice cream truck. Wouldn't have thought she would want to bring them up anytime soon, those fucking pricks almost ruined this whole thing for me, after everything I've done for them over the years.

"Same old bastards, don't worry I'll keep them well away from you at the next event" I grit my teeth almost as soon as the words fall out of my mouth. This girl is hanging on by a thread based on how I treated her last night, and here I go shoving my foot straight into my mouth and assuming she'll still want to go to events with me. God, I really am a fucking idiot sometimes.

To my relief, there is a soft giggle beside me. "Maybe that's for the best," She says gently. Fuck, I dodged a bullet there, I have to be careful with saying stupid shit now.

I don't normally tread so lightly around people, I'm not known for my consideration of other people's feelings. But there is something about Elena; she kind of drives me nuts but in the best kind of way.

"How was it seeing your photo in the paper?" I ask her with a gentle smile on my face. My publicist had called me in the morning while I was out on my run to tell me that we had made the society pages. I was going to call Elena like I said I would, but then I thought maybe showing up at her work would be better. It would force her into talking to me even if she didn't really want to, plus I got to Mark my territory in front of that fucker.

"Uh, it was a little strange, but kind of cool I suppose. At least it was a good photo" There's a soft tinge of red on her cheeks as she slowly smiles. She's right, it was a great photo, she looked absolutely stunning last night. I'm not sentimental by any means, but I wish I had taken of photo of her myself, just to have for me. But not at the event where I know she didn't feel comfortable, back at my apartment when she was all excited and nervous. That fucking smile, it seemed to shine brighter somehow. We stop beside a bin momentarily so she can discard the rest of her ice cream cone, I throw away the napkin that was once wrapped around mine. It's been a long time since I've had such a simple ice cream, it just hit the spot.

"Must have got a bit of a surprise when you opened up the paper and saw it then?" It can be a bit weird at first, thinking that your private life is everyone else's public playground. Especially for someone like Elena, who loves to as she puts it 'fade into the background'. I couldn't think more the opposite, she stands out to me no matter where she is.

"Well actually, Ryan showed it to me" I grit my teeth and immediately my good mood crumbles away, I don't like that mother fucker. He's clearly into her, I can see it in the way his eyes follow her when she was working this morning. I was watching her too, but I'm allowed to, she's mine.

It seems my mood change is noticed as Elena stops walking beside me but still holds my hand, pulling me to a stop before standing in front of me. Fuck she's beautiful, even in a simple black T-shirt and jeans she manages to drive me crazy. Maybe because I know what's underneath, my fingers are crossed for the lacy lingerie set that I like, perhaps if I keep being good I'll be rewarded with an answer.