1. Story 1-8

[1]

Being straight and a supporting role was tragic. This supporting-straight guy had two friends, one coquettish and the other domineering. Back in high school, his two brothers were in love. In order to avoid being caught, they always took Straight Guy out for a date in disguise.

At that time, Straight Guy did not know his two brothers fell in love. He just felt strange; for instance, watching an unpopular movie, they chose three seats like this: in the sparsely seated screening room, two adjacent seats were in the last row and one solitary in the middle row.

[2]

The three boys lived in one dormitory. On every weekend, Coquettish Guy somehow did not want to get out from the bed for some 'unknown' reason and was too lazy (exhausted) to eat breakfast. Domineering Guy would always persuade him that it was bad for health and he would go to the dining room to bring whatever the Coquettish Guy liked.

Straight Guy thought secretly, "What a surprise that my roommate offers to go to the dining room! I can also ask him to bring my meal back." Then shyly, he asked the roommate to bring fried rice for him.

However, Coquettish Guy coldly refused the Domineering Guy's kindness and expressed that he would order the take-out of Korean Food near school. When Domineering Guy heard this, he said to Coquettish Guy that this wouldn't work out as during lunchtime, it would take at least 40 minutes for the take-out to arrive and he would ride a bike to buy the lunch in person.

Straight Guy helplessly witnessed his domineering roommate complete a series of actions, from wearing overcoat, taking the wallet to grabbing the key within three seconds and then launched himself out.

"My...fried...rice..." the weak calling of Straight Guy died away in the wind. After three seconds, he got out from the bed and went to the dining room.

[3]

This day, Straight Guy went back to the dormitory and saw Coquettish Guy and Domineering Guy reading a book cheek by jowl. At the time, Straight Guy was confused by their behaviors, therefore he asked them why they sat so closely. Domineering Guy paused, and pointed to the small fan on Coquettish Guy's desk, explaining, "My fan doesn't work, so we have to share one."

"Oh! That makes sense. But wouldn't you feel uncomfortable sitting so closely?" The Straight Guy smiled immediately and took his big fan brought by his parents out of the cabinet enthusiastically, saying cheerfully, "Let's use my fan together! You don't need to sit so close to share the little one!"

Domineering Guy twitched the corner of his mouth.

For a very long time Straight Guy did not understand why his good-quality fan that his parents specially bought for him would break down so quickly and frequently in the dormitory, and dormitory alone. His roommates had to sit closely to use one small fan again. He really wanted to help them, why....

[4]

Coquettish Guy was grumpy in the morning. This day, he was almost late for class yet he still sat on the bedside, confused and a little bit angry. Quite surprisingly, Domineering Guy demonstrated a good temper rarely seen, helping the Coquettish Guy into his coat.

When Straight Guy saw this, he was confused, "What! What! Why did you help him wear clothes?"

His words silenced the whole room. Coquettish Guy was not a bit nervous and slowly glanced at Domineering Guy instead, his eyes full of implication. Domineering Guy paused for half a second, "I'm on duty today, and I'm much willing to serve everyone."

Straight Guy was amused. Thrusting his overcoat into the hands of Domineering Guy, he said, "OK! OK! Give you a chance." Then his head was precisely covered with the overcoat thrown back by Domineering Guy.