Story 149-157

[149]

Straight Guy's longing for a portable charger bank was beyond words. Charge bank, his fountain of life, his spring of happiness. Before Glasses Guy could say anything, Straight Guy had reached for it joyfully and connected to his phone.

With the same soft smile which is usually the defining characteristic of an upperclassman, Glasses Guy followed them without a word.

Not far away from the front door stood the landmark teaching building.

"Wow! I wanna take a photo here! Could you please take this building in?" asked the class entertainment commissary. Before he answered, she had passed her phone to Straight Guy.

Facing the camera, she smiled a bright smile.

Straight Guy did accordingly.

"Ok! Done! "

She took her handset from him. The moment she looked at the screen, her face darkened.

"Excuse me, guess I went M.I.A in the photo?" asked the girl.

Straight Guy came over to have a look. The picture embarrassed him too. He searched for a bit.

"Uh...I found it! Here, the black dot under the building. Have you found it? "

An awkward silence fell.

"Nope, hold yourself! Remember, murder is a crime," the commissary thought to herself.

[150]

Hearing the funny talk between them, Glasses Guy proposed, "let me try."

He took the phone over, touched open the BeautyCam (a popular app in China which featured multiple filters), and then asked, "Are you ready? "

The girl, who was still boiled with rage, forced down the anger simmering in her and cracked a faint smile, which was captured by Glasses Guy. This photo flattered her so much that she felt an obvious change underway in her mind.

"So beautiful your campus is!" she said to Glasses Guy. "Would you please accompany me to look around if you are available now?"

"My honor," he nodded friendly.

Some steps away Domineering Guy and Coquettish Guy were watching them in secret.

"Do you really believe she will make a difference?" asked Coquettish Guy.

"Sure," answered Domineering Guy. "She was none other than the first girl our bro fell for in his puberty."

[151]

Woman is a capricious species. Not until Glassy Guy took nine photos for the commissary to post on her WeChat Moments did she recall the task Zhou Ming (Domineering Guy) entrusted to her.

"I'm exhausted by the high heels. Zhou, how about finding a place to have a rest?" she suggested.

"Uh-ok," Straight Guy looked around but only teaching buildings came to his sight. "Let me see if there is any study lounge available."

His words really made her bristle with anger.

"Isn't there any café at such a prestigious college like yours?"

He suddenly got enlightened, remembering there was one cafe bar just two blocks ahead. And his mind was brought to those days when he always tried to please her but in vain.

A little discouraged by the girl's complaints, he then said in timid voice, "But you can't walk at all, right?"

"Then you can bike me over there", she responded with a forced smile.