8. Delicious

I watched Adrian's eyes flash with remorse and I instantly snapped my gaze away. "It was three years ago." I said, before he could say anything.

"I'm sorry, Aria." Adrian's soft tone spoke out, causing me to meet his genuine gaze.

"That's why I do this." I added.

"I get it." He said. "And I promise you, we'll find Dexter and put an end to him together." He added with a vicious tone full of promise.

I managed to give him a small smile. "Can't wait." 

"We don't have to keep playing this if you don't want to." Adrian said now.

I snapped my sharp eyes to him and quirked my lips into a small smirk. "Don't worry my sweet Adrian, I'm fine. And I never back out of things." I said promisingly.

His eyes flashed with surprise, before he recovered and shook his head, giving me a small smile. "You really are the definition of badass." 

"Try not to catch feelings." I teased.

"Please. I'm taking you in as a little sister." He said.

I scrunched my nose at that. "EW. No. Thank you." 

Adrian chuckled at that. "Okay, next question. Did you finish high school?"

"No, waste of time." I rolled my eyes.

"That explains a lot." Adrian mumbled under his breath.

"Neither did you!" I exclaimed.

"How'd you know?" Adrian looked at me in surprise.

"I didn't, I just guessed because you look like one of those dense jocks who get aggravated at their homework and crumple it in anger." I shrugged.

Adrian's eyes narrowed.

"Thsss." I put a finger on his arm, making an extinguishing sound.

He swatted my hand away.

"How many guys have you beat up?" He asked now.

"Sixty-three after your Power-Puff Girls." I smirked.

His eyebrows rose at that number. "How many guys have you dated?"

"Zero." I made a face of disgust.

"I don't believe that." Adrian replied, giving me a suspicious look.

"I told you, I'm asexual." I sighed, popping another piece of chocolate in my mouth.

"You're pretty above average in looks, got quite the mouth to keep a guy on his toes, and you ride a motorcycle. Obviously you've got an open selection." Adrian stated confidently.

"Yeah, and you know who I'd pick every time?" I asked him, leaning forward and smirking.

He simply raised a brow.

"Myself." I grinned, doing a little clap as I bounced on the bed in excitement.

Adrian gave me an unimpressed look. "Well you're going to have to deal with a lot of male attention at the mansion, seeing as the only other female living there is already taken, and the guys do get quite lonely."

"Oh I'm not even worried. After Kenny-doll and the gang tells everyone what happened when they tried to pick me up, literally, I'm sure everyone will steer clear. I think I already set a great image for myself." I winked at him.

"I agree on that. At least they'll all be forced to respect you as their leader." Adrian admitted.

"This is cool. I've never had anyone listen to me, aside from my many, many victims." I said, staring off into the distance as multiple frightened faces flashed through my mind.