28. Dexter's Doomsday

"This better be good." Trevor spoke, rubbing his eyes with his hand.

"Why wouldn't you tell us we had to wake up this early last night?" Drew complained.

Because Casey is a sneaky snake and would interfere with our plan then. 

"Oh shut up you pussies." I scoffed, uncrossing my arms and standing up from my spot where I was leaning against the desk.

"Because I just got information this morning." Adrian said.

"From who?" Casey asked, trying to act casual. Except I could see the burning curiosity in his eyes.

"That's not important." Adrian brushed off. "What's  important is for you all to get ready in the next twenty minutes. So shut up and let me brief you all." 

Everyone in the room perked up and crowded around Adrian's desk as he stood from his chair and placed a hand on his desk.

"So here's the plan." He began.

*  *  *

An hour later, Adrian and I pulled up to an abandoned building, the location which Dexter had texted to Crawford's phone.

He should be arriving in about half an hour, giving us plenty of time to scope the place out.

Adrian had sent off everyone else in the gang, including Casey, to some empty warehouse where we told them they were going to find an associate of Dexter that was going there to meet some drug lord. 

The listening bug in Casey's room had confirmed that he had already made a call to  his boss, telling him to gather his people at the location where our gang was going to be.

Little snitch.

We had also told Savannah and Josh about our little set-up, informing them that Casey was a snitch. They were going to be in charge of tackling Casey's plan and making sure that none of our people got hurt. I knew I had nothing to worry about though, I had full faith in my girl.

Now as for our current mission, Adrian and I had decided that our plan would be for me to distract Dexter while Adrian would be watching from a secure location and strike at the right time. We were expecting him to have at least three men with him, but perhaps he would come alone.  

I could feel the anxiety mixed with the adrenaline coursing through my body as now stood waiting for the man in question, Adrian having gone to the upper floor where he had a perfect view to see me and Dexter.

I closed my eyes and deepened my short breaths. My eyes snapped open when I heard a door open in the distance, a few floors down. He had told me specifically to meet at this floor so now I just had to wait for him to reach me.

I tried to keep the sudden rush of anger and hurt at bay as memories came flashing in my head of the major damage he had done to my life. I couldn't hold those emotions in my head right now, I had to be vigilant and calm.

"You're not Crawford." 

I felt my bones chill at the sound of his voice as he finally stepped into sight.

The true definition of a psychopath was standing right in front of me, dressed in a blood red suit with neatly combed over black hair and a chilling smile.

"Damien Dexter." I spat out, my eyes narrowing at him.

"And you are?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"Damien Dexter, you killed my father. Prepare to die." I spoke, before letting out a scream and running full force at him.

I slammed my fist into his face before he had time to react and had him pinned to the ground with my gun pressing into his neck in seconds.