17. Hot Lips

"Rabbit has entered the hole." I quickly whispered into the bracelet in a discreet way, bringing the straw to my lips as I did.

Adrian's eyes changed from light amusement to full alertness but he kept his gaze on me as the guy walked right past us, walking to a table at the back, glancing around.

I noticed Dre at the back get up from his table, shuffling over to the washrooms and brushing against Truman's table on the way very discreetly.

"The listening bug has been placed." I heard Dre's voice in my earpiece as he disappeared to the washroom.

"The other fluffy bunnies are approaching." I then heard Trevor's voice in my ear piece.

I grinned at the code name he went along with.

Then, three more men in suits walked in that I saw in my peripheral vision.

Adrian reached a hand out to grab mine which was resting on the table, looking at me with a loving look.

I realized he was trying to throw off any attention on us as one the men's gaze lingered on our table.

I leaned toward Adrian and smiled back.

They left our vicinity and finally took a seat at Truman's table.

"Gentlemen." I heard Truman's voice speak through my earpiece which must have been hooked up the Dre's listening bug he'd placed.

"Good day to sign a contract." One of the men commented.

Oh if only they knew...

"We're getting close to calling it in. Drew, you ready?" Adrian spoke into his piece which he'd placed in his watch.

"Yes sir." Drew's voice answered in the earpiece.

The sound of papers being spread out on the table filled our ears.

"Just one thing before we get started." I heard one of the men speak.

I looked at Adrian as we held eye contact in trepidation.

"What is it Sanders?" Truman spoke.

"That kid sitting back there... Looks oddly familiar." He spoke.

Shoot!

I decided to lean closer to Adrian and let out a flirty laugh as I flipped my hair, trying to make our cover more strong.

"Him? You're just paranoid Sanders. Nobody knows we're here. I made sure of that." Truman brushed off.

There was a long pause and I searched Adrian's eyes for a plan as I could feel all four men's eyes on us now.

My eyes watched as Adrian slowly leaned forward, lifting a hand to gently brush back my hair.

I sat frozen as he approached my face with his and found my eyes fluttering shut as his lips neared mine, my heart racing.

Then I felt the touch of Adrian's soft lips exploding my senses. At first I was too shocked to move. Then slowly, I began moving my lips against his, solely relying on all the books and movies I'd seen to guide me with my first kiss ever.

It was truly blissful and exceeded all expectations which both shocked and excited me.

My heart drummed against my chest as I raised a hand to grip the collar of his shirt to pull him closer as I leaned more over the table to kiss him deeper. His lips felt like paradise and the entire presence of him invading my space was more magical than I could have ever imagined.

The way he kissed me was so gentle and careful, yet passionate and certain.

We eventually pulled away ever so slightly, taking in some air.