23. Tempting Gun

"There you are! Do you know how long I've been looking for you?" 

Adrian and I halted in our steps, slightly sliding as we had been running around the mansion in our socks playing tag.

My large excited grin slowly fell along with Adrian's as we met the face of an angry Drew, his frustrated glare pointed towards Adrian.

"What are you, my mom?" Adrian scoffed, straightening up and crossing his arms.

"No, but if you don't brief everyone for today's mission then who will?" Drew sighed.

I pouted my lips mockingly at Drew. "Awe, poor little Ken-doll can't operate in the Barbie Dream-house without his master."  I said in a baby voice.

Adrian let out a chuckle as Drew looked at me in confusion, followed by irritation.

"I wasn't talking to you." Drew sighed.

"Hey, watch how you talk to her." Adrian warned, puffing his chest out in a protective way.

"Babycakes that's sweet, but I can handle Drew. His balls aren't that big for me to grab." I said lovingly, placing a hand on Adrian's shoulder.

"Babycakes?" Drew echoed.

His posture relaxed as he turned to me and laughed softly. "You're right. I just want everyone to give you the respect you deserve." He smiled softly.

I smiled back. "You're so sweet." I bit my lip before leaning closer to give him a kiss.

Drew cleared his throat very loud and obnoxiously, causing us to freeze and look over at him. His face was a mixture of confused, angry, and lost.

Adrian let out a frustrated sigh, finally taking his eyes off of me and moving them to Drew.

"There's no need for a briefing. It's a simple mission, I'll be doing it myself." Adrian told him.

"No backup? Crawford's a serious guy boss, you can't go in alone." Drew panicked.

"Since when did you start questioning me so much Andrew?" Adrian challenged. "Do I need to get Aria to put you back in your place, again?" He raised a brow.

I crossed my arms and stared at the poor guy intimidatingly.

"Never mind. You know what's best. If you need anything, let us know." Drew said.

"Thanks." Adrian replied, before offering Drew his hand. "I'm just teasing you man, I appreciate the concern but I can do it easily myself. It's better this way, trust me." 

Drew took it and they shared a small hug. "Alright boss." He stepped back and gave him a nod, his eyes flickering to me questioningly before dropping immediately and leaving.

"Which mission are we going on involving Stephen Crawford?" I asked as soon as he left, raising a brow.

Crawford was another big name in the underworld, and also a major connection to Damien Dexter.

Adrian chuckled, facing me now. "I'm going to meet up with one of Crawford's men. I'm posing as a drug lord that wants to start working for his people so I'm meeting the recruiter at this night club. I'm gonna try to get as much information as I can about everything."

I rolled my eyes scoffing. "Good luck. The only information you're getting is after six months of working under him at least. They don't do little orientations the first day. Unless you plan on using intimidation and torture, you're getting nothing." I crossed my arms.