31. Waterfalling in Love

"I normally love when you give me piggy-back rides but being blindfolded just makes it frightening." I complained, clutching tighter onto Adrian as he lunged forward.

"I'm trying to get your adrenaline going anyways for the big surprise." Adrian laughed.

"How are you not tired? We've been walking for like half an hour at least." I sighed.

The guy was crazy. On top of me on his back, he was carrying a back-pack around his front as well.

"I could carry you to the end of the world and back my princess." Adrian replied.

"You smooth motherfucker. Well I already know we're in some sort of forest judging by the birds I hear and the branches that have whacked me in the face." I commented.

"Oops, sorry." Adrian said sheepishly. 

"So if we're walking through a forest, why wouldn't you let me walk without a blindfold to enjoy the beautiful view of the walk to wherever we're going?" I asked now.

Adrian slowly came to a stop and seemed to think about it. "Fuck." He swore under his breath. "I guess so. I guess I didn't think this through well enough." He said, beginning to lower me.

"No, no, no!" I giggled, clutching onto him tighter. "I like the piggy-back ride and I guess it is more thrilling being blindfolded." I said, trying to make him feel better.

"Well we're almost there anyways and you'll get to see the view on the way back." He said. 

"It's perfect." I grinned, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Oh, and put these on." He said, reaching back and placing something soft in my hands. "Ear-muffs. So you won't hear the surprise." 

I grinned and took them, placing them over my ears. I already had a good idea of what the surprise was but I still wanted him to have his fun with it.

We continued on for about ten more minutes until Adrian lowered me back onto the ground.

I giggled, feeling excited nevertheless. I felt his gentle hands undo the blindfold from around me and then take off the ear-muffs.

I looked around to see a lush green forest full of life and the sound of rushing water filled my ears.

I looked back at Adrian and grinned widely.

He took my hand and pulled me through a little door-way of hanging vines between the rocks.

"Oh my god." I breathed out, left completely breathless at the beautiful sight before me.

We had walked onto a bed of soft grass with the biggest waterfall I'd ever seen right in front of us.

The beautiful glowing water was spraying down with immense force, leaving mist all around us and cascading down the large rocks below to a river which passed us where we were standing.

"Adrian, this is beautiful." I breathed out, looking around in complete awe.

"I thought you'd like it." He smiled at me, his eyes full of admiration.

I felt so giddy and light so I jumped into his arms and kissed him deeply.

He lifted me up and I tilted my head down to deepen the kiss, feeling on top of the world right now.

He placed me down gently and I looked up at him with so much adoration. I could see the same emotion in his eyes and that only made me feel closer to him.

"Come, let me show you something." He said, his eyes filled with excitement as he took my hand gently in his and pulled me over to the edge of the grass bed.