21. Floating with Stars

"I never thought you would allow yourself to give in to your emotions." Adrian said after sitting in comfortable silence. I was currently leaning on his chest and he had his arm lazily slung around me. He also hadn't put a shirt back on, lucky for me.

I may or may not have hidden it when he'd gone to use the washroom...

My eyes which were stuck on the blank television screen now shifted over to him. I still couldn't get over how delightful he looked from this proximity. How much more clearer his gaze seemed. How his gentle hazel eyes felt that much more intense and intimate, studying me right now with such intrigue. 

I sighed, realizing how much I was letting myself go.

"It was weak, I know." I admitted sheepishly, shifting off of him and sitting up straight now. "I was supposed to be the ice queen here that would be strong enough to lift this whole gang on her shoulders. Who knew you'd end up being so charming and captivating." I chuckled softly, eyeing him.

Adrian's eyes studied me with a glint in them, a small smile on his face. I couldn't break my gaze away when he looked at me like that.

 "It wasn't weak. It was brave. This life-style is structured out to be one that has no room for emotions. We're trained to think that emotions are weakness. But it's really a gamble where we're hoping for the best. And when the best isn't the outcome, it results in weakness. Making room in your life for those emotions is the bravest thing you could do." Adrian spoke, his words soft.

I studied him, the smile growing on my face as I took in his words, having never looked at it like that.

All of a sudden, I felt a lot less silly for these emotions. I felt less guilty and suddenly I felt a daring rush return to me, sensing that bravery which had never really left all along.

Riding that wave of daringness, I suddenly got an idea as I eyed the almost empty bowl of chocolate fondue sitting next to Adrian.

Reaching over him, I grabbed the last strawberry in the bowl and took a generous dip in the chocolate, pulling it towards me and pausing it over Adrian's chest.

I watched concealing an evil smirk as a few drops fell onto his chest and trailed down.

"Oops." I said innocently, looking up at Adrian and biting my lip to hold off a smirk.

He just watched me in amusement, simply lifting an eyebrow.

I slowly leaned down to where I'd spilled the chocolate which had reached his abs now. Sticking out a tongue, I slowly licked it from the bottom, trailing it all the way up his chest. I raised my eyes to see his reaction, that daring wave burning hotter inside when I saw his eyes trained on me, holding a darker shade in them as his entire body tensed.

Once I'd cleaned off his chest for him, I started pulling back but was stopped when Adrian reached a hand behind my neck and tugged me up to his lips, pulling me onto him and meshing his soft lips onto mine.

My eyes fluttered shut as we began to get lost in another indulging kiss. I swear this would probably be at least our hundredth kiss of the night.

I let out a quiet moan as I felt his hands trail down my sides, then suddenly exploded in giggles when his hands began to tickle me.

I broke away from his lips and desperately tried to escape as he continued tickling me mercilessly.

"Ahah! I found something that works finally." Adrian exclaimed with a victorious grin as he watched me squirm around in amusement.

I looked up at him with a scowl which was quickly erased as his hands attacked me again. "Son of a bitch!" I yelled in between giggles.

I squirmed around some more, before settling for my only exit. So I brought my leg up without warning and hit him where the sun don't shine.