27. Truth Serum

I watched as Adrian tied the last knot around Crawford's limp body on a rusty metal chair.

"You wanna start?" He asked as he stepped away and walked over to me.

A cold smirk formed on my lips as I turned to him. "I'd love to." 

Adrian gestured his arm out and I walked over with my half-full iced tea bottle towards the old bastard.

Unscrewing the lid, I splashed all the contents in the bottle onto Crawford who jerked awake spluttering. He blinked a few times before looking around the dark room, squinting under the bright light we had switched on above him. His eyes finally settled to me before processing the past couple hours. Once he remembered who I was, his eyes widened before setting in a glare.

"You bitch!" He yelled. "What did you do? Who the hell do you think you are? Do you even know who I am?" His eyes were ballistic.

I sighed. "I guess we'll just get right to the truth serum then." I pulled out the needle filled with the golden truth serum. I had kept it for a long time, saving it for an opportunity like this. All that money I'd spent for it was definitely going to be worth it.

"What?" He shook his head, looking more confused and angry by the second.

"This might pinch a little." I warned before stabbing the needle into the side of his neck and pushing all the liquid in.

"What? What did you just do to me?" He demanded, his body beginning to turn more droopy.

"What car do you drive?" I began, trying to see if it kicked in quick or not.

"A BMW M9." He answered, looking around the room and seemingly more relaxed.

Perfect.

I turned back to look at Adrian to shoot him a grin. "How do you know Damien Dexter?" I asked now, facing him again.

"He's my boss. We were friends until I owed him money and then my empire went bye-bye. He took it from me and now everything I make goes to him. Except the girls, I get to hold onto the girls." He laughed a sinister laugh.

I slapped his face and glared at him. "You're disgusting."

I suddenly got an idea and smirked evilly. "Is the fact that you sleep with so many women and try to lure in so many girls due to a small pee-pee between your legs?"

Adrian let out a laugh and Crawford's eyes squinted in concentration.

"Yeah. It's pretty small. I tried getting it enlarged but it didn't really do much." He slurred out, frowning.

"That explains a lot." I laughed, looking at Adrian who was also dying laughing.

"It's not funny. I can't last more than three minutes." Crawford said, frowning.

This made Adrian and I only laugh harder. 

"Alright, alright. Enough dicking around." I sobered up, before looking at him seriously. "When was the last time you saw Dexter?" I asked.

"Earlier today." Crawford said, giving me a stupid smile.

I glanced at Adrian and felt adrenaline course through me. We were closer than we thought.

"Where did you guys meet?" I asked now.

"At this Dunk 'n' Donuts. Personally, I'm more of a Starbucks guy." He shrugged.

"What did you guys talk about?" I asked now, leaning closer.

"Just business stuff. He wanted to buy this club. The one we met at actually! I don't know why you had to punch me though, that was really mean." He pouted.