Not Alone

Its been two months of living like a zombie. He will eat if he was told to eat, he will sleep if the night falls and he is always lost in his thoughts.

He is sitting in the floor of the entrance of their house looking afar...

"Its been a while, its time to let him rest and have your life back. Its not the end of everything".

He blinks and turn.

"I dont know where to start" he whispered.

"I know you can, follow your plans, thats what he wanted you to do... everything is there, you have to make it come true, for him".

"For him" He whispered while his eyes sparkled with tears.

"He dont want you to be like this, he has prepared you for anything".

He is lost in his thoughts again...

"Get up! You will not be a weakling! You have to be strong! I will not be around everytime! You have to know how to live and survive, or you will die, you have to know how to fight or you will be beaten, you have to know your weakness to acquire your strength! I have trained you enough! Use it!" a stern voice echoed in his head as the memories started to flow.

He hurriedly stands up from the floor where he was previously thrown.

"But my classmates doesn't have a training like mine". He argued back which gained him a sharp glare from the older man.

"Ouch! Ouch!" struggling to get away while covering his head with his two arms.

"You silly brat, you are not your classmates so dont give me that crap! You have to do this or else you will not survive".

"What will happen to me? We almost know everyone here, everyone are our friends, why would I need this training?" he countered with a pout.

With a deep sigh "I have an ambition. For you! You will not waste your life here" the old man softly replied.

"But..." he tried to reason out. But he was interupted.

"I know you love this place as I do, but I dont want you to stay here and be like me" he look at him directly with his piercing eyes as he continued.

"I want you to be somebody! Let me be the only one who has this life, I am here because I chose this"

"I want a different life for you. You are too precious for this path that I have taken. Please take a different path for yourself".

He was dumbstruck of what he have heard.

They have not talked about these things and he did not expect to hear those things from the person who have dedicated his life in this place that he love so much.

He dont know what to say.

"Please promise me, when the time comes, you have to go, you have to dream and achieve it. Leave this place and dont look back". Staring intently to the boy in front of him while waiting for his reply.

"Please do it for me" he continued.

"But where will I go? I dont know anyone except all the people here in our village"he reluctantly answered.

"Your heart will lead you where you belong"

He said directly looking at the boy's confused eyes. The boy is in deep thoughts as he pondered the things that he have said and slowly looked up and nod