Employed

BEAM'S POV

"I already got a job" I informed Kit and Phana over our lunch in the medical foodcourt.

Pha looked up from his lunch and stared at me.

"What job?" Kit casually asked.

"Masseur" I shrugged my answer.

Pha and Kit choked on their food.

"What Beam?" Pha decided to shout his question that caught the attention of other medicine students who are also eating in the foodcourt. Just nice Pha.

"I got hired as a masseur in J&J 5 Star Hotel" I replied with a smirk.

Kit become speechless while staring at me with his mouth half opened and the food inside is about to slipped out.

"Kit, chew your food" I reminded him and hold his chin to close his mouth.

"You are kidding us Beam?" Pha is so enthusiastic today, really Pha, do you have to shout all your questions? I am just in front of you.

"No Pha, Im serious. Can you please calm down" I pleaded since several eyes in the foodcourt are already focused on us.

"Beam you will be the death of me, what are you thinking getting a job as a masseur?" Pha is still histerical with the idea.

"Whats wrong with being a masseur? Its in demand nowadays, and I will be in a 5 Star Hotel, so the clients are all professionals. I have the skills for this, you know that, I was trained although not formally but I know Im skilled more than those who have undergone trainings" I diligently explained to them.

"Even the manager was amazed when I did my demo! She told me that I will handle VIP clients with my skills." I happily told them what have transpired during my demo.

"Beamie, you dont have to do this, I will share my allowance to you so that you can have your target savings!" Pha pleaded with his convincing tone.

"Pha, please trust me on this, I will only have my duty on the weekends, friday and saturday, 8 in the evening until 12mn. It wont be that difficult, mostly during weekends we are just hanging in the bar, I just need to sacrifice a little" I smiled to convince them that I will be ok.

"How about your paper works and assignments?" Kit asked while he still looked unconvinced.

"I still have the whole day of saturday and sunday to work on it. During weekdays I plan to review and study every night so I can cope with all our exams and quizzes. Its just two nights that I have to work... It will not affect us that much" I continued to convince my two friends who is still gaping anxiously at me.

Pha stared at me for a moment before he heaved a sigh and frustratedly rubbed hus nape.

"Please Beam, you will quit the instant you will have difficulty on this job, please promise me or I will tell father about this job" Phana warned with his stern voice while he looked  so worried.

"I promised Pha, dont worry" I instantly smiled the moment I heard what Pha said.

*😉*

Today is my second week in my job.

Last weekend was quite great for a starter like me. There were walk in VIP guests who havent set an appointment but cannot be declined. I was on somewhat 'trial' to handle VIP guests when there were no masseurs available other than me.

I was so surprised that the following day, VIP clients kept on requesting me. Two clients were even willing to wait for me to  be finished. So, instead of 12mn... I was able to go home at 3 in the morning, which I did not tell Kit and Pha.