Chapter 11 - Pretend

Catherine Ashton

"This park is really beautiful." I said as I looked around.

"I used to go here with my parents." He said and I turned to him. He looked down to the ground sadly.

"I'm sorry." Jacob's parents passed away in a car accident around 8 years ago. I know about that and he only has his grandpa for now.

"It's okay, it was a good memory here." He said smiling to me.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked because he brought me here to talk about the arrangement.

"How are we going to make this work? Our grandparents are not dumb so it will be so hard to fool them." He said and I stopped walking. I turned my body fully to him.

"We can act lovey dovey in front of him, I mean we both are adults and we can act sweet in front of them. We just keep up the act and get married. After a year or maybe two.. we can get a divorce." I said. For me, it's a good idea because we won't hurt anybody along the way. I mean we all will have our own happy ending.

"Act lovey dovey?" He asked and I nodded.

"It will be easy.. I mean we can practice it now because it will be hard to practice at home." I suggested.

"What?" He asked and I slipped my arms around her hips hugging him.

"You need to hug me back." I said and he hugged me back. I released the hug and looked at him.

"That's easy.." I said and then I put my hand in front him. He looked at it weirdly and I took his hand putting it on to my other hand. I intertwinted my hands with him and we started to walk again.

"Holding hands.." I said as I turned to him. He nodded hut he looked confuse. I let go of his hand and then I gestured him to follow me to sit on the bench. I gestured him to sit beside me.

"Put your arm around me." I said and he put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head to his chest.

"Easy right?" I asked and then I looked up to him. His face was so close to mine and I leaned my head to kiss him. I gave him a peck and he looked at me like I'm a ghost.

"Come on, it's just a practice. You don't need to be nervous about it, we're going to act.. remember?" I asked and he slowly leaned his head to me. He started to kiss me slowly and he cupped my face to deepen the kiss. He stopped when it got intense leaving me hanging. I was disappointed that he stopped but it's not real so I quickly get my sense back.

"See.. it's easy right?"

"So we'll be sleeping in the same room. Are we going to have sex too?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I don't think they will check our room, Jacob. Besides.. why would you want to have sex with me? I have straight As and flat bottom." I said chuckling and he literally looked down to my boobs.

"Hey! My eyes are up here." I hissed and he looked at me.

"I can't believe that you just say that you have straight As. You're weird." He said and I shrugged.

"So.. I think you'll do good in acting so we don't need to worry about a thing." I said and he suddenly crashed his lips again to mine which caught me out of guard but I kissed him back.

Suddenly it's pouring rain and Jacob quickly grabbed my hand pulling towards the tree. He took off his jacket and used it to prevent us hitting the rain.

"I told you it was going to rain." I said and he chuckled.

"Do you want to go to that cafe?" He asked and I nodded.

"Let's run!" We both ran towards the cafe completely drenched in rain because the rain was pouring so hard. We got into the cafe and I walked to the counter to order.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I'll take the hot latte."

"Hot latte and a hot vanilla latte." He ordered it and paid for it.

"Thanks." I said and we both walked towards an empty seat near the window. We sat down and I looked outside to see the rain pouring so hard and it's so windy too.

"Dako- I mean Catherine.. damn! I'm still not used to this." He said.

"It's fine."

"Sorry about sending Brad, if I knew it was you.. I would have come as me." He apologized and I nodded.

"It's fine but how long are you planning to fool me?" I looked at him narrowing my eyes demanding for answers.

"I don't know, maybe until you hate Brad and decide to cancel the arrangement." He said and I nodded. Our order was ready so I quickly got up to take it. I walked towards the pick up section and picked up our drinks. I walked back to him and put his latte in front of him.

"Thanks." He said and I nodded. I started to blow the latte out because it's so hot and I will burn my mouth if I drink it right away.

"Are you really planning to move the company to LA?" I asked as I waited for the coffee to cool downZ

"Actually no.. I love being in New York but my grandpa insited me to move it to New York." He answered and I sighed.

"How do we make this work then?" I asked him seriously.

"That's what I was thinking."

"Oh boy." I sighed.

"If it's only an act, I don't want to move my company there because in the end of the day.. we won't be a couple forever so I don't see why I have to sacrifice it for you." He said and that made me feel a little weird in a way that I can't describe.

"You're right."

"I'm not planning to settle down just yet but since they arranged us like this, we don't have a choice. We're going to act for one until two years only and it will be a mess if I decided to move the company back and forth." He had a point though.

"You're right." I said the same answer.

"That's why I'm asking you if you're serious about this?" He asked and I sighed.

"We should think about it again then." I said and suddenly gestured me to cover my top. I looked down and my bra completely visible because my tanktop was drenched.

"I guess we don't have to pretend then.. we need to change the plan."

"We can pretend, I mean.. we should pretend." He said it quickly and I looked at him glaring.

"Pervert." I mumbled.