Chapter 13 - Ready

Catherine Ashton

I walked into the wedding dress shop and my eyes completely glued to all the beautiful dresses inside. My heart tingles seeing all of it and I can't help but to be excited to try some of them.

"Wow, there's a lot." Jacob commented and one of the staff walked towards me smiling widely.

"Good afternoon, I'm Anny. How can I help you?" She asked us both.

"We're looking for a simple wedding dress." I said and she welcomed us inside.

"Your name, miss?"

"I'm Catherine Ashton and this is my fiance, Jacob William." I said introducing Jacob as my fiance so people won't get suspicious with us and I don't want to risk that.

"Ms. Ashton, you can look around to see if you like one of the dresses or maybe you want to design a new dress. You can let us know, we'll be happy to help you." She said smiling and I nodded. I started to walk towards the nearest section first.

"Fiance huh? You have no ring on." Jacob whispered.

"I'll buy a cheap ring later on." I said simply because I don't want to make a debate with him about how I'm introducing him as a fiance but I have no ring.

"Don't worry, I'll buy you a ring later on." He said in a 'it's an easy task' tone and I turned to him.

"You don't need to worry about that." I said smiling to him and then I turned to the wedding dress again. I started to scan every section and I picked 3 dresses that I really like.

"Catherine, if you want to design a new dress.. it's okay." Jacob said as I'm scanning the last section of the store. I turned to him shaking my head.

"It's fine, designing a new dress will take a lot of time and we have no time so.. I'm completely fine. All you need to do know is to help me pick one of the dresses that I picked." I said as I'm done scanning everything. I walked towards Anny and she asked me if I want to try the wedding dresses now or I want to see the tiaras first but I told her that I want to try the dresses now.

Anny led us to the private fitting room and she asked Jacob to sit down while I'm trying on my dresses. She led me into the fitting room and brought another staff to help me get into the dress. I stripped off my clothes and started to get into my first wedding dress.

I got into one and they helped me to clip the back section because it was too big on me. They even put a tiara on me and made my hair into a bun. I looked at myself at the mirror and can't help but loving the look. I let out a sigh and realized that.. this is reality and the fact that I'm going to get married soon didn't make me feel any better.

They led me out and there's curtain that's separating me from Jacob. I stepped on the small stage and my stomach jittered completely wanting tonsee Jacob's reaction.

"Mr. William, Ms. Ashton is ready." Anny said and I nodded to let them open the curtains. Jacob's eyes widen when he saw me and he looked at me from head to toe. He was amused but that's all I could read from his eyes.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"You look beautiful." He said as he stood up.

"Do you like it?" I asked and I turned my body a little bit for him to see the back of the dress.

"Yeah, you look beautiful."

"Can you take a picture for me? So I can compare it later on.." I asked and he nodded. He took out his phone and he took a couple pictures of me wearing the first dress.

"Ms. Ashton, will it be okay if I leave you for a moment to get other tiara?" Anny asked and I smiled nodding. She and the other staff left us alone.

"So.. do you like it?" I asked Jacob.

"Yeah." He said and he walked to me. He looked at me again from head to toe.

"You look so beautiful." He said and I chuckled.

"Thanks.." I said as I looked down to the detail. Suddenly Jacob held my hand and I looked at him raising my eyebrows.

"Seeing you in this dress making me realize that.. this wedding is going to be a real one. Are you sure that you're not backing out of this?" He asked and I found myself completely confuse but I ended up nodding. He put his hands on my waist pulling my body towards him, he landed his lips on mine and I found myself enjoying his kiss.

When I heard the staffs are coming back, I pushed him gently and he walked back to his seat. Anny and the other staff came in with a bunch of tiaras for me to try.

"Anny, can we try another dress now?" I asked.

"Sure." She said and she helped me to get down from the little stage to go back to the fitting room. I looked at myself at the mirror replaying the kiss earlier. What is that kiss even mean? Is he trying to calm me down?

Anny helped me to take off the first dress so we can move on to the second one. I kept looking at the mirror blankly remembering that everything is real. Gosh.. why did Jacob reminding me that? It's making me confuse and hesitating this wedding.

I tried to ignore the feeling as I'm changing into the second dress. I let out a deep sigh before Anny putting on the second tiara on me. After 10 minutes of changing and measuring, I'm ready to go out revealing the second dress to Jacob.

"Are you ready?" I asked Jacob from behind the curtain.

"Yeah, I'm ready." He answered.