Chapter 23 - Unleash The Beast

Tim Ashton

"I told you that Jacob will never back out from this marriage, he's too attach to Catherine now." I said confidently and Joseph laughed from the other side.

"You're right and you know what? They often have a sleep over at each other's room." He said making me smile evily as I took my cup of coffee.

"Catherine has a soft heart, I kept faking my sickness everytime we miss her and this time.. she won't back out." I said and I sipped my coffee slowly.

"She finished picking the invitation and we're almost there, Tim." Joe said and I can't help but nodding even though he can't see.

"We need to take a step further, Joe." I said as I put down my cup of coffee.

"What is that?"

"Let's unleash the beast in Jacob." I smirked as I leaned my body back.

"How can we do that?"

"I'll let you know this evening after I ask my son for the schedule." I said and Joe agreed right away.

Jacob Williams

"How's the wedding preparation?" Brad asked me as he put my coffee in front of me.

"Well, I think it's going smoothly. Why?" I asked as I put down my files to turn my attention to him.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah.. I kinda like her actually. She's fun to be with.. not boring."

"So you're falling in love?" He gave me a teasing look.

"Nope, there's a difference between like and love, buddy." I said shaking my head not liking his statement.

"What is that Jacob?" At the same time, my phone rang on my table. I gestured Brad to wait as I got up from my seat. I walked towards my table and saw my grandfather's name on the screen. I sighed before I decided to pick it up.

"Hello."

"Jacob, do you have any plans to go to LA?" He asked.

"Why? Catherine will comeback tomorrow here tomorrow anyway. Why should I go to LA?" I said because she said that her grandfather told her to comeback to deal with some work.

"Oh really?" He sounded unsure and it made me feel a little bit anxious.

"Why? Did something bad happen?" I asked as I turned to Brad and he raised his eyebrows.

"Nah.. I don't think it's neccessary.. you can go back to your work." He said and then ended the call. I looked at my phone disbelief and decided to call Catherine because I'm damn anxious here.

"What's wrong?" Brad asked and I gestured him to wait. I tried to call Catherine a few times but she didn't answer. I kept calling and calling.

"Hello?" I looked at my phone screen to check if I'm calling Catherine and it is Catherine's phone.

"Who's this and where is Catherine?"

"Oh.. she's drunk."

"What?!" There's a fire burning inside me knowing that she's drunk and with a damn guy in one room.

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?" He asked me back.

"I'm her fiance! Who the hell are you?!" I bursted angrily.

"What do you mean fiance? I'm her fiance, Eden." My eyes widen and I found myself punch my own table. I ended the call and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Brad asked.

"LA."

"This late? Why?" He asked but I ignored him. I put on my leather jacket with a lot of things going on inside my mind. I dialed my grandpa's pilot to get ready and then I called my grandpa's secretary to tell them to get ready to go to LA.

"Is this love?" Brad bluntly said out of nowhere.

"Don't mess with me right now, Brad." I hissed as I opened the door.

"It's love, my brother!" I heard Brad said loudly from my office as I walked towards the lift.

"I can't believe.. that you went back to LA just to see your ex, Catherine." I hissed.

Brad Reed

"He left.. already." I said to Joe, Jacob's grandfather.

"Good job, Brad. Thankyou.."

"Anything. What's your next step?" I asked curiously.

"He won't be able to fly to LA tonight.. because I used the jet to New York now and I made sure that there won't be any flight left for him to go to LA." He laughed and I can't help but chuckled.

"You're evil, Joe."

"Well.. he needs a little push, Brad."

"Right.. and he kept saying that he likes her but it's not love." I'm exposing my bestfriend but it's for the best.

"Don't worry.. he'll chase after her."

"You're so confident about this, Joe."

"I gave him a choice to marry her in a month or in a year and not only that.. but I asked him to ask Catherine for it but he never asked her or even give me the answer for that choice." I laughed hearing it.

"He's totally.. whip."

"There's a next step for you, Brad." Suddenly Joe said.

"What is it?"

"Don't lend him your private jet.. let him go crazy until next morning." Joe said and at the same time Jacob called me.

"He called me.. just this second." I said looking at his name in amusement.

"Pick it up.. and you know what to do." Joe said and he ended the call. I picked Jacob's call and tried so hard to not laugh.

"Hello."

"I need your jet.." He said as soon as I picked the call.

"Didn't you call your pilot earlier?"

"We have 3 pilots and it turns out my grandfather is currently going to New York taking the jet with him." He sighed but I can tell that he's damn anxious.

"Sorry to tell you that my mom used the jet this morning to go to Korea." I said completely making things up.

"Your mom hates Korea."

"She doesn't hate Korea.. she hates it because her favorite actor died in the movie that she's been-"

"I don't want to hear that now.. I need a jet!" He bursted angrily and I tried so bad not to laugh in this situation.

"Sorry, there's nothing I can do." I said and he immediately ended the call.