C Rank Enlistment!

When I returned home, I saw Mirai waving and making some sushi. I sat down, "Itadakimsu!" I cheered and dug in. "So, how was it at your friends' place?" She asked, I looked at her and nodded, "It was fun! Me and Yuma did mock battles and-" Mirai cut me off, "Mock Battles? Are you part of Border now?" She raised a eyebrow. I nodded, she smiled and did a thumbs up as if she approved of being a agent, "So! Which Branch did you join, Kirino?" She asked, I answered, "I joined Tamakoma Branch!" I exclaimed, excited. "That's good to hear." She nodded, after finishing dinner, cleaning the dishes and going to bed, I drifted off.

The next morning was a complete rollercoaster. "Kiri! You're going to the C-Rank enlistment!" Shiori declared, pointing at a completely confused me. "Erm, uhhhh, ummm, What's that?" I asked, confused. Shiori explained, "The C-Rank enlistment allows you to enroll into Border and if you complete the tasks, they'll promote you to B-Rank! Although as a C-Rank you can't engage in real neighbour battles though. As you're still a trainee. I can't give away the details but just a heads up: Expect the Unexpected." She told me, i laughed nervously, "How long away from the enrollment?" I asked, Shiori perked up, "2 months!" I blanked, 'How dies she expect you to prepare everything in just 2. Freaking. Months?!' Koro screamed, I nervously laughed, "Well, look alive, Koro. She said expect the unexpected now didn't she?" 

As I was training with multiple neighbour simulators, everyone came by as well to learn from Konami, Reiji and Karasuma. When I finished practicing and went out for a break, I saw a exhausted Osamu slumped on the sofa, a calm Chika drinking tea and a duckfaced Yuma also drinking water. Konami was eating a dorayaki, Torimaru (He let me call him that) just sat down on the sofa thinking about who-knows-what and Reiji and Shiori making Lunch. "Hey, what're we having for lunch Reiji-san, Shiori?" I asked, while glancing over my shoulder whilst sitting on the sofa. "Omlets and rice." Reiji answered, I nodded and then went back to listening to the songs.

And as sudden as the announcement came, the enlistment day suddenly came as well. I was in a room with multiple other C-Ranks! They were all talking with each other and waving, smiling and god-knows-what. "You're gonna be okay, Kiri!" Chika reassured me, "... Chika you're an angel." Yuma duckfaced and nodded while Osamu shot me a thumbs up.

"MAY ALL C-RANKS COME UP." The loudspeaker boomed. "That's my cue, see you guys later." I smiled at them and waved as I joined the rest of the sea of C-Ranks. "Let's hope she doesn't get into much ruckus as we did." Osamu laughed nervously. Yuma agreed, "We did stir up quite something, I was racking wins, Chika blew a hole on the wall and you managed to score a tie between A-Rank agent Kazama Soya." Chika looked worriedly, "Let's hope she's okay..."