Confrontation And Endings

No One's PoV

Kirino got to her house, and inside were the familiar figures of her mother and Ninomiya sitting on the couch in the living room. Her mother was composed on the outside, but in her eyes, she could see that she was nervous, scared, even. Kirino went over to the opposite couch where Mirai was sitting on and sat next to her, holding her hand reassuringly. "I'll get straight to the point." Ninomiya said, "I want to know your whereabouts all this time. Former ninomiya Unit sniper, Hatohara Mirai." He said, Mirai tensed a little at the her name and her former Unit. "I-I'm sorry but I think you might be mistaking me for someone else." She said calmly. 

"I have evidence that it is you, Hatohara." And he held up the adoption papers which had Mirai's name on it, adopting me. Since she had to use her real ID. "...Yes, now, what business do you have with me?" Mirai asked, "I said so before, what were your whereabouts all of this time." He said, again. "I was in the neighbor country Aftokrator, I was using a Black Trigger along with my 'adopted daughter' Kirino here, along with her now deceased sister, Shiro." She answered truthfully. Ninomiya nodded, "Now, where is that black Trigger?" Ninomiya asked, "My necklace." She said, pointing to it. Ninomiya nodded, and then said, "I will need to retrieve this Black Trigger to Border right now, so I have to ask you to hand over the Trigger."

Kirino then scowled at the older man and then asked, "Then why do you need me for?" Ninomiya turned towards her. "The reason I called you is to confirm that you are a neighbor, correct?" Kirino gulped, "...Now why would you want to know that?" She asked, "I'm in Tamakoma Branch, even if you knew or if I would be expelled, then I wouldn't really care, and since I'm the Tamakoma Branch, then it wouldn't be anything bad to you, right?" Kirino asked, smirking at the older male. Ninomiya replied, "No, I just wanted to know, personally." Kirino was surprised, "You're not going to report me?" Ninomiya shook his head, "No." 

Kirino nodded, "...Yes, for your information, I am a neighbor." She replied, serious. Ninomiya nodded and then took the Black Trigger that Mirai put on the table, "I will be taking my leave." Ninomiya said, and then left the house. Kirino looked at Mirai with guilt, "I'm sorry, if I didn't join Border then maybe your secret would still be safe..." Mirai shook her head, "It's fine. It's partially my fault for leaving Border that made this mess in the first place." Kirino looked at Mirai surprised, "But if your didn't leave them, then we might have never met each other, right?" Kirino said, Mirai smiled and chuckled, "Anyways, do you want some cookies? I made them earlier." She asked, Kirino nodded, "Yes!" 

And the rest of the afternoon was just chatting with cookies and tea.

-Time Skip, Border HQ-

Kirino then smiled, "Yes! Now, let's get down to business." She punched the palm of her hand. "Agreed." Yuma said, then we all went inside. Kirino then couldn't shake off the feeling that she was forgetting something.... But couldn't remember. She then shrugged the feeling off and went to the solo battles booth to kick some butt.

Kirino's PoV

I looked at Osamu, "Hey, Osamu?" I asked, Osamu looked over and nodded, "Yeah, Kirino?" He asked, "I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I just can't remember for the love of me!" I sighed to myself while bonking my head to remember it. "It's okay, you'll remember it eventually, it happened to me as well, so I can't say that I don't know how that feels." Osamu said, "It happened when Hyuse joined Tamakoma 2." He said, I nodded. "Thanks, Osamu." I smiled at him and thanked him.

"Anyways, I-!!!" Something then just smooshed itself into my brain. "MY RESEARCH!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO KEEP RESEARCHING!!!!" I crouched on the floor in a fatal position. "God darn! I'll be going! I'll be back tomorrow!" I said and then dashed out like sonic.

-Timeskip-

No One's PoV

"Kirino! I heard you were staying at your house so we decided to come over and-" Jin's mouth was slapped shut by Chika and Yuma who heard small snores coming from upstairs. They all crept upstairs to see a peacefully sleeping Kirin on the table with scattered books from the neighborhood and Logs from the other Ranked Matches. 

"Looks like the little girl has been doing research on how to return Yuma to his original state." Jin said, holding up a book with a bookmark in the page, 'Body to Trion' Yuma looked at the small girl, smiled and petted her. Chika took a picture, Yuma turned to Chika with a confused look, "Why did you take a photo?" Chika smiled, "Future Blackmail." She smiled creepishly.