41

Emma Swan-

I'm so confused right now, I mean there's nothing I want more than to take out relationship to the next step but it's a huge commitment and I'm not too good at that. Yet, I trust Regina completely.

We sit down, a cosy blanket on the floor with candles lit around us, a root beer for myself and a bottle of water for her, alongside a few little snacks scattered around in fancy bowls.

I feel guilty that I've been unable to give her an answer, because I know my answer clear as day, yet I'm struggling to accept and say it allowed. What if this is a step forward following with a hundred steps backwards? What if we live together and that causes Regina to hate the way I live?

"Regina..." I hum, getting her attention as my arms rests against the sofa we are leaning against. She looks deep into my eyes, seductively taking a bite of her strawberry after dipping it in cream and oozing as the sweetness hits her tastebuds instantly craving me to kiss her sugary lips. "I know I've not given you an answer yet..."

"You don't have to... I'm not rushing what we have." She mouths as her strawberry becomes her main priority as she eyes the fruit up and down, possibly to avoid my heavy eye contact.

"No. I want to, I do. There's nothing I want more than to take our relationship to the next step and finally becoming a family, coming home everyday from work to my girlfriend and child, it sounds amazing..."

"But..." She stutters, putting down the leafy parts of her fruit and looking into my eyes as she pops her fingers between her lips one by one cleaning the juices of the fruit off her lips.

"But I'm scared. What if you hate the way I live? My routine, my lifestyle, my fashion, my opinions. It's a lot regina and i would HATE for you and I to argue and get under one another's toes" I vow, looking deeply into her chocolate orbs as she licks her fingers not knowing exactly how mad it's driving me. I don't think she's even aware that she knows how sexy she looks right now.

She finally cups my cheeks and stares intensely into my hazel eyes with compassion. "Emma baby, nothing you do will drive me away from you. I've never lived with someone before but that's something we have to adapt to together. We will find a suitable routine you and I can both work with and one that Henry is happy with also" she shrugs, brushing her soft thumbs against my cheek as she promises her compassion. "I'm tired of cooking for one, tired of going bed lonely, tired of walking past Henry's empty room. I want you both with me all the time. Please Emma"

"But I've not even paid first rent on the new apartment yet"

"That's perfectly okay, You pay the first months rent early and I'll pay the cancellation fee and then we can move you and Henry in with me. But do you think Henry will be okay with it?" She asks slowly sulking and glancing down to the floor worrying if he will not accept this plan and we will continue what we have in our separate homes.

"No, he will be ecstatic, I know his answer already"

"Then what are we waiting for?" She grins, guiding my cheeks into her face and capturing my lips. Her luscious lips lock with mine as we dance with our tongues in the accustomed rhythm. "Is that a yes?" She timidly asks resting her head against mine and slightly feeling my nod of approval. "Yes?" She asks again as though she need Verbal confirmation.

"Yes" I grin, finally feeling the weight of the world lift from my shoulders. "And talking of what are we waiting for" I taunt, reaching behind me and retrieving a box and placing it upon her lap. "Let's find out for real."

"What if...?"

"Enough with the What if... there's only one way to find out" I shrug, taking her hand in mine as I stand up, helping her up along the way. "Come on" She heads to the toilet and closes the door as I anxiously linger on the outside pacing myself with nerves. One minute becomes two minutes and finally the door opens to show Regina, yet i can't read her... is she happy? Is she devastated? Is she relieved? I just don't know what to expect and I don't know how I should react.

She walks past me and heads back down to the blanket. She holds the test in her hand and waits.

"Does it show anything yet?" I ask agitated, I just want to have confirmation so I can get some sort of emotion. She shakes her head indicating a 'no' so I wait longer.

Still pacing myself frantically as Regina looks up at me. "Do you want it to be positive or neg..."

"I don't know... I want a family with you I do, but is now the time?" I shrug, "if it's positive i would be ecstatic, I would be beyond happy and miraculous that we created a child that will be absolutely stunning and Henry will love having a sibling but if it's negative I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing because that gives us time to work on us more... we've not been dating for too long but we already know each other inside and out. I don't know, what about you?"

"I don't know, I don't know what to feel" she shrugs, I slump down next to her with my back against the sofa and my knees brought up to my chest as we wait. The timer on her phone finally rings indicating for us to look so she takes a deep breath and looks down.

I'm so anxious, so nervous yet so excited. I want a future with Regina Mills. I want a life with her and a family but if now isn't the time then that's perfectly okay too.

"What's it say?"

"It says...