95

Regina Mills-

My mother tightens my dress and pins my veil into my tightly pulled back bun. She adjusts the train to my veil and brushes the white linen material on my wedding dress as she wonders around to my front.

She runs her hands down my woolly wedding dress sleeves and peers up to my chocolate orbs. I instantly see her tears build rapidly and suddenly I feel mine creeping higher.

"Don't cry mother, otherwise I'll cry" I huff, blowing air with my hand toward my face.

"You look beautiful Regina, I'm so happy that we finally got the mother and daughter relationship that we should of had from the beginning. I feel so guilty for making your life hell but I am beyond proud of you Regina Mills, and so would your father" she grins and suddenly I can't hold back anymore. My tears are running down my cheeks without my control. "Regina I got you a little something"

"Mother you didn't have to, hon-"

"No, I needed to." She vows. She places her hand in her blazer pocket and pulls out a glass potion bottle with a small amount of crystal blue liquid. "Go visit your father's grave and sprinkle this liquid over him"

"But mother I'm getting married in two hours" I sigh, I don't have time for whatever this liquid will do. I need to be sure that I'm at that alter ready to say my vowels to my soon to be wife. I cannot miss that for whatever trick this may or may not be. Surely I can just visit him later?

"Plenty of time, just go" she grins widely and I cannot help but wonder what this surprise liquid is. I give her a skeptic look but she's nodding and pushing me to go, so I flick my wrist and appear at the graveyard where my fathers grave sits taller than all the others on the mighty hill. 'Henry Mills, beloved father and husband'.

I sprinkle this crystal liquid over the soils at my feet and wait... but nothing occurs. I wait longer but nothing.

"Typical mother" I scoff. This is just typical. Just when I start to trust my mother she tricks me to get me away from my own wedding. What is this? Some sort of sabotage to ruin me and Emma like she did Daniel. How could I be so foolish? I kiss my fingers and rest them against his tall stone, but as I begin to walk away I hear a whisper.

"Regina.."

I immediately turn to look back at his grave to see what kind of joke my mother is playing, but as I look harder I see a glowing blue figure walk out from behind his tall stone.

"Wow Regina"

I cannot believe this... is that really...

"Daddy?"

"You look incredible my dear" he coos softly, stepping closer and like a small child again, I burst up to his embrace and through my arms around him. I know he's not really here due to his soft blue glowing outline but I can still feel his arms curling around waist and swaying me side to side.

"How are you here?" I whisper, wiping away my tears the best I can and smiling through my emotions.

"That gift your mother kindly gave you. I'm so happy she did because look at you. I'm grateful to see you at this moment in your wedding dress, on your special day" he grins, cupping my cheeks in the most endearing way imaginable. I can feel his soft thumbs wiping away my falling tears and his lips ghosting over my temple.

"Daddy I wish you was really here, you should be sharing this day with me, walking me down the isle, meeting your amazing grandchildren, Henry, Hayden, and Hope" I draw out, catching myself losing my breath from my harsh cries. "You should be here"

"I am here Regina, I'm always here" he coos softly. "And as for Henry I am proud of the mature man he is becoming at such a young age, he looks after those little twins so well. They have a great big brother to watch over them and I'm honoured for my name to live on to him"

"H-how do you know about the twins? And Henry... you've not seen him... I-"

"I see you all everyday, Regina darling I'm always watching over you. Hayden and Hope are two miracles you deserve after everything you have been through, and Emma is a keeper. I'm proud of you for finding someone so amazing and sharing your life and family with. Emma is a treasure to our family, she's beautiful and a perfect suit for you. You've given away the darkness for love and that's incredible. I couldn't be more proud of you regina"

I can't believe he watches over me, he knows Henry, Hayden and Hope, he knows Emma and how well we're doing. I'm so thankful to hear how much he approves of the two of us, and how proud he is of me. That's all I've ever wanted to hear.

I squeeze my eyes shut, forcing my tears to stop but once my eyes open, I see his blue outline beginning to slowly fade and I know my time is nearly up.

"Now we don't want you to be late to your own wedding now do we" he chuckles.

"Daddy I don't want to leave you" I cry again.

"You're not leaving me darling, I'm always with you, I'll be walking by your side down that isle, I promise you" he whispers before pressing a kiss to my temple and suddenly he's gone.

"I love you..."

I compose my emotions, I'm so happy but so emotional of how today has gone. Seeing my deceased father on my wedding day is a gift nothing can compare to, but it makes me miss him on this very day so much more.

I touch up my foundation and mascara, not forgetting to apply one more layer of thick red lipstick before I meet my mother by the church doors.

"Oh thank goodness, I was worried you wouldn't make it in time" she sighs with relief, but instantly I'm throwing my arms around her and squeezing her in the tightest mother and daughter hug we have ever shared.

"Thank you, I love you"

"You're welcome dear, I love you too" she whispers into my ear. As I pull away I see her eyes water again. "Now let's get you married"