Chapter 9: His present

Previous chapter
'I dragged myself over to where the dinning room was and there was my ever so indifferent dad siting there, with something in his hand.'

It seems like a furry little animal. I never had a pet before in my past life. I was always focused on trying to get a job and be stable. Now that I'm looking back my past life seemed really dull.

My father looks really awkward holding the cute little hamster. While my father is giving off a cold vibe the hamster seems completely out of place in his hands. I wonder why he has a hamster? Is he going to give it to me?

Oh well I better sit down first, father doesn't seem like he's going to hurt it. As I sat down father seems like he wanted to tell me something. Hm should I start the conversation first? He doesn't look like he hates me. Okay whatever this silence is killing me.

"Papa what is that in your hand?"

*flinch*

Huh did papa just flinch? The cruel king just flinch?? No way I think I'm just going crazy.

"Papa?"

*flinch*

Okay I really think I'm going crazy. I couldn't bring myself to talk again so the awkward silence hanged over us again.

"Here"
Papa suddenly came up to me and handed me the hamster. Wow it's so cuteeee.

I wonder why he's giving me this?

"Thank you papa! I love it!"
I reply with the cutest smile I could.

While the princess was occupied with the hamster, the kings eyes were full of tenderness but of course the princess didn't notice.

Soon the maids came in with the food. Everything was placed but Lilith was too afraid to touch the food because her father was staring at her very intensely.

"Ah"

While trying to cut the steak I accidentally dropped my knife. Oh no the room became a few degrees lower. I slowly lifted my head up only to meet with a chilly eyes.

"........"

"........"

God please help me!