Chapter 10: Daddy's Girl?

When I dropped my knife, I felt the room drop a few degrees. Is papa mad at me for dropping the knife?

"Servants!" my father yelled in a booming voice.

"Yes Your majesty"

"Prepare another knife for the princess and have someone cut the steak for her."

"It shall be done your majesty"

"Wait" The servant stopped and then my father continued.

"Punish the cook for not making the steak easier to cut."

What? He didn't get mad at me? Then we proceeded to finish dinner in a awkward atmosphere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I got ready for bed, someone suddenly came in the room. The room was too dark to see who the person was. I stood there frozen not sure if he came here to kill me. Fear took over me, am I going to die again? But as the shadow got closer the face got clearer and it was papa.

This maybe me making a death wish but here goes nothing.

"Papa!" I screamed as I run towards him.

"Are you here to read me a bed time story?" He seems really surprised that I ran toward him.

"No"

........huk. Does he have to be so direct towards a child??

"Then what is papa here for."

"Nothing"

Really? How am I supposed to reply to that?? And he's just staring at me.

"Then does papa want to sleep with Lili?"

*nods*

Then I settled in my bed and patted the place next to me.

"Come here papa." Then he stiffen for a little bit before he made his way towards my bed. As he settles in, I asked papa if he wanted to hear a lullaby but he didn't respond. But in the end I still sang him a lullaby.

♪ ♫

But half way through the lullaby I fell asleep.

A/n: so I kinda wanna rewrite the prologue and make it shorter but there would be no major difference. And I would be going back and editing some of the chapters.