Chapter 11: Escort

~Fast forward to 2 days before the ball~

The ball is in two days and I am extremely nervous. Everyday I have been going over all the nobles name, status, and making sure my manners were perfect. As I was thinking about the ball, Isabella came in and told me papa wanted my presence. These calls has no longer been a surprise since he calls for my presence every single day.

On my way to papas office, I saw one of papas personal knight but I never seen this person before. The only thing that tells me who he was is his uniform he's wearing. He was siting on a bench under the a thousand year old white Wisteria tree.

A/n: imagine it white and a bench somewhere in there

As I was mesmerized by how much raw sorrow was in his eye and the way how he looks like he's ready to die any second. Then he looked my way and we made eye contact. But very quickly the eye contact was cut and in a blink of a eye, he disappeared.

Again I started my journey to my papa but I couldn't stop thinking about the Knight. Why does his eyes holds so much sorrow? And when we made eye contact he looked so vulnerable, like a animal being corner.

Before I knew it I was infront papas door. Then I opens the door and there he was in all his glory. The cruel king Zadkiel Atticus Bonaparte. His office was very simple with a large desk, and some book shelves. Even  though it was simple, it still felt very luxurious.

"Hello papa!" I said cheerfully as I sat in the sofa chair specifically made for me. Papa had it made for me because all of the other sofa were too tall for me and one time I fell off of one.

"Lilith I'm going to escort you at the ball."

When papa said that it caught me so off guard that it took me a minute to respond.

"Wahhh really papa! I'm so happy!" I screamed as I jumped on him to hug him.

"Thank you papa!" I finished the blow with a kiss on the cheeks. Then I ran out of the room and went on a mission to try and find the personal guard.